Sports Medicine 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied to 23 programs. Both PM&R and Primary Care (I'm PM&R). Only heard back from 7. 5 interviews and 2 rejects. I'm hoping that all programs will send an invite/rejection and won't leave us hanging if they aren't planning on interviewing us. Trying not to get worked up. Trying not to be that guy that emails programs and asks for updates. Wondering if everyone else has had a similar experience so far?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm FM not PMR, but I applied to a similar number of programs (22). I have heard back from 14 thus far. 3 rejections, 11 invites (four of which I ended up declining), 7 interviews scheduled. So there's still 8 programs I'd like to hear from just for peace of mind, especially since I know a couple of those have offered interviews to others.

I'm Peds and applied to 30 programs (Peds and FM). So far I have heard from 8 programs, 7 interviews and 1 rejection. I've heard having at least 5 puts you in a great position, but who knows. Here's to matching!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I don't know how to feel seeing all your posts lol, I applied to 43, got my app in on Aug 31. I've gotten like 8 rejections, 2 waitlists, 2 interviews. It's still early though so I'm not worried...yet...

Haven't gotten any new invites over the past 2 weeks or so. Anybody else?

I spoke too soon. An invite from one of my top choices and a rejection from one I wasn't too disappointed about.

4th rejection now. 1 waitlist, 9 offers, plan on on going to 6 at this point. Still waiting to hear from a couple.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got another update today. 22 apps sent. 5 rejections. 14 interview invites. 8 interviews scheduled. Feeling very fortunate for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an interview this week after a two week silence.

Stats are 36 apps. 12 invites (5 PM&R, 7 FM), 4 rejections, 1 waitlist.

Anyone heard from university of Michigan or university of Toledo?

Just curious
-FF

Has anyone heard from Stanford or Washington (PM&R)?

11 apps = 5 interviews + 2 rejections + 1 TBD schedule + 3 haven't heard yet but assuming rejections. Start interviews next week and am I interviewing at my top 3 places so can't complain.

Best of luck to all on the interview trail and with match

11 apps = 5 interviews + 2 rejections + 1 TBD schedule + 3 haven't heard yet but assuming rejections. Start interviews next week and am I interviewing at my top 3 places so can't complain.

Dope! Good luck to you as well.

Hey freezeout,

I applied there and haven't heard anything either. Im assuming if we haven't heard anything by now it's a silent rejection...

-FF

Hey freezeout,

I applied there and haven't heard anything either. Im assuming if we haven't heard anything by now it's a silent rejection...

-FF

I'm gonna assume yes at this point lol

I figure if I don't get anymore I'm a happy man with what I have.

Have y'all registered for the match yet?

I hope everyone's interviews went well.

So I didn't do the match for residency, so this is new to me. what's the process from here? Register with nrmp, make the rank list, its due dec 14, then we wait for January? is there a SOAP for fellowship a well if someone doesn't match?

I hope everyone's interviews went well.

So I didn't do the match for residency, so this is new to me. what's the process from here? Register with nrmp, make the rank list, its due dec 14, then we wait for January? is there a SOAP for fellowship a well if someone doesn't match?

Yes, register with NRMP, make your rank list before 12/14, then wait for the match on Jan 4.
I do not know about a SOAP, anyone else know this one? My guess is that they would but I would also be pretty surprise if there were open spots after the match. Every program I interviewed at seemed like a good one, even though some were better than others.

SOAP does not exist with the fellowship match. Last year there were 20 unfilled spots after the match. It works like the residency scramble used to go down. Unmatched applicants/programs will get a list of unfilled programs/applicants and they can contact each other right away to try and fill the positions with no formal SOAP process.

Good luck with the match folks! I'm sure we will all do well! #35Days

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone in here! :)

Match statistics released. 82% match rate.

So my pd said we'd just fibs out if we match tomorrow. then on the 6th we find out where
Huh. I asked specifically along the way and was told we'd find out where tomorrow in addition to the if, lol. I know everyone else I know who did fellowship matches found out same day.....i.e. Congrats you matched at x for y specialty.