Sports Medicine 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

septoplasty

Exceptional
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did the match fair for everyone?

Based on the report we got in the NRMP, pass percentage has gone up, despite a few programs dropping out pre-rank as well as more candidates.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone who matched today!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a thread for the current sports medicine match cycle?

If there was, it would belong in the sports medicine subforum. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else applying this year?

What's a good # of interviews to shoot for historically? I'm limited in time off and can't afford to go everywhere. I want to maximize my chances but don't want to spend a fortune.

Anyone else applying this year?

What's a good # of interviews to shoot for historically? I'm limited in time off and can't afford to go everywhere. I want to maximize my chances but don't want to spend a fortune.
I'm applying. Would also love to know what a realistic number of interviews is considered. I was thinking 5-7 but would love to hear what folks who have actually been through it have to say.

I'm applying. Would also love to know what a realistic number of interviews is considered. I was thinking 5-7 but would love to hear what folks who have actually been through it have to say.
Nice. In a certain area or pretty broad?
I'm out west...applying to mostly places out here, a few in the Southeast (NC mostly), then one in TX where I know faculty.
I've got a few invites now but would rather not travel across the country unless it's one of my dream programs.