Sports Clinical Affil

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amr44

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all I am looking at possible locations for my final affil and want to be involved with sports and do something big. I am from New York but am willing to travel. Does anyone have any experience at a great clinic or with some kind of team or have heard of one? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all I am looking at possible locations for my final affil and want to be involved with sports and do something big. I am from New York but am willing to travel. Does anyone have any experience at a great clinic or with some kind of team or have heard of one? Thanks
Hi,
I was wondering if you were ablet o find an answer to your question. I am starting DPT school in 2 months and clinical affiliation starts in second year and I was hoping to do at least one clinical roration at clinic which deal with professional or college sports teams. Thanks!

When I went to PT school I was in the second graduating class. We were still in the process of establishing clinical sites and we had to be bold. Just pick a place and call them. tell them what you are looking for, when you want to come and ask if they do PT internships. If you happen to be doing it at the right time they might want the extra bodies. Your school needs to be ready with contracts for new sites.

You could also do some investigating and find out what clinic does the rehab for the team you are looking for when they are on the road. I worked at a clinic in KC who did the rehab for the Royals when they were out of town.

Reactions: 1 user
When I went to PT school I was in the second graduating class. We were still in the process of establishing clinical sites and we had to be bold. Just pick a place and call them. tell them what you are looking for, when you want to come and ask if they do PT internships. If you happen to be doing it at the right time they might want the extra bodies. Your school needs to be ready with contracts for new sites.

You could also do some investigating and find out what clinic does the rehab for the team you are looking for when they are on the road. I worked at a clinic in KC who did the rehab for the Royals when they were out of town.
Thanks!