South University c/o 2020 (entering 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the advice!! :)

No problem! Best wishes to you! I had a chance to speak to admissions recently and I felt that once you get that interview, you're pretty much in...The hard part isn't really getting into South (given you make it through all the hard prerequisites); it's surviving it and affording it. Once you do though, you'll have many opportunities open for you.

Members don't see this ad.

No problem! Best wishes to you! I had a chance to speak to admissions recently and I felt that once you get that interview, you're pretty much in...The hard part isn't really getting into South (given you make it through all the hard prerequisites); it's surviving it and affording it. Once you do though, you'll have many opportunities open for you.
You make it sound so easy. The interview itself was not challenging but that doesn't mean TP1414 should go in with the mindset that I'm pretty much accepted just because I got an interview. South wants to see what type of person you are and ultimately how you treat others including those interviewing with you tells all. Be humble, respectful, show confidence, ask questions, and try to speak with everyone. Be proud that you made it this far because that is a big accomplishment but don't be arrogant even in acceptance.

-Good Luck Tp1414 I hope to see you join us in the Class of 2020!!! If you have any other questions feel free to message me and I will try my best to answer them.

Reactions: 1 user
You make it sound so easy. The interview itself was not challenging but that doesn't mean TP1414 should go in with the mindset that I'm pretty much accepted just because I got an interview. South wants to see what type of person you are and ultimately how you treat others including those interviewing with you tells all. Be humble, respectful, show confidence, ask questions, and try to speak with everyone. Be proud that you made it this far because that is a big accomplishment but don't be arrogant even in acceptance.

-Good Luck Tp1414 I hope to see you join us in the Class of 2020!!! If you have any other questions feel free to message me and I will try my best to answer them.

Not at all. It is an accomplishment. But, as for difficulty, once you've gotten the interview, you have a very high chance of acceptance. Of course, like you said, one shouldn't go in with that mindset, but South does need to fill its classes; as do many newer/private Pharmacy schools in the nation. Don't take this as an insult. This doesn't mean South isn't competitive, or pharmacy is a bad career. But it is a reflection of the current market in all senses of the word.

This is of course, just my opinion - but I think its accurate given what I've seen.