So stressed out, any motivations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mommed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I am 21 years old, a premed student with a 6 months old baby and a wonderful husband. We are both in school and work part time. We never used day care or any outside care so fare. We take care of her by organizing our schedules. I was a very good student before, but now my grades are gpa i getting bad . I had my baby end of september of fall 2008 and went back to school one week after labor. I ended up with an F and a C in science courses. Do you think that medical school will understand my poor perfomance this year as a junior? For all women who went through pregnancy and birth, and know how hard it is tell me how you organized yourself for better grades

Members don't see this ad.

why wouldn't it be for real?
OP, the F and C will hurt you some, but if you do a lot better from now on, are not necessarily a deal breaker for all schools, and particularly not for DO schools. However, if you really want in med school you need to be an A student and you need to figure out how to do that now that you have a baby. I can't help with that b/c I don't have any so I would probably be unhelpful if I suggest things...

Members don't see this ad :)
there's a momMD web site that you might find helpful.

why wouldn't it be for real?
OP, the F and C will hurt you some, but if you do a lot better from now on, are not necessarily a deal breaker for all schools, and particularly not for DO schools. However, if you really want in med school you need to be an A student and you need to figure out how to do that now that you have a baby. I can't help with that b/c I don't have any so I would probably be unhelpful if I suggest things...
i'll second this :(

All the negative feelings like fear,anger and depression are considered stress.It is a psycho physical response to outside stimuli.Too much stress can kill you or cause an illness because it drains your energy.It is the inability to adapt to change.

Exercise,music,sleep can temporarily reduce stress but cannot cure it.The best way to reduce and cure stress[yes cure]is to consume healthy natural food every day especially the one rich in omega 3 fatty acids.Speaking from personal experience.

1 week after labor..........:eek:
You are not "normal" emotionally 1 week after labor. Not to mention your sleep schedule just changed a lot. Take a second to calm down...get some relax time and really look at the situation. Decide what the priorities are and take it one step at a time. Rushing usually ends up in lower GPA and regret. You are young...do not take that offensively, but you are young for marriage and children. I say that as a 27 year old woman with a daughter about to be 5 in December...do the math...I was not far off from you.

Give yourself some credit first, seriously. Pat yourself on the back for staying in school, working and for being with someone that is doing the same while a baby is involved. It is not easy juggling work/school/family, but that is the life of a mother and it is rewarding once you get a good mojo going on.

1 week after labor..........:eek:
You are not "normal" emotionally 1 week after labor. Not to mention your sleep schedule just changed a lot. Take a second to calm down...get some relax time and really look at the situation. Decide what the priorities are and take it one step at a time. Rushing usually ends up in lower GPA and regret. You are young...do not take that offensively, but you are young for marriage and children. I say that as a 27 year old woman with a daughter about to be 5 in December...do the math...I was not far off from you.

Give yourself some credit first, seriously. Pat yourself on the back for staying in school, working and for being with someone that is doing the same while a baby is involved. It is not easy juggling work/school/family, but that is the life of a mother and it is rewarding once you get a good mojo going on.

Well, Marissa of Yahoo kept working shortly until and after her labor. And apparently she worked round the clock. Not to mention the kind of mental stress one would get in such a position. I would say, determined. Correct, it isn't every easy and pat yourself on the back, lady. Save the stress for some other time and focus on what can be done. But whatever you do, remember that you're doing your best.

No medical school will ever listen or understand your problem, as what you went through, i can advise you to make yourself ready for the exams to score better & give the best you can.

Yes I agree with Adam. Let go everything and prepare for your exams. All the best.

I agree with Adam. All you can do is work hard and study well. All the best dear. :)

here's a little inspiration for you -

this interview from a reproductive endocrinology and infertility doctor about how motherhood has changed her as a physician (and the sacrifices it all requires)

http://www.loveandthesky.com/home/c...cian-reproductive-endocrinology-and-fertility

Well, I am 21 years old, a premed student with a 6 months old baby and a wonderful husband. We are both in school and work part time. We never used day care or any outside care so fare. We take care of her by organizing our schedules. I was a very good student before, but now my grades are gpa i getting bad . I had my baby end of september of fall 2008 and went back to school one week after labor. I ended up with an F and a C in science courses. Do you think that medical school will understand my poor perfomance this year as a junior? For all women who went through pregnancy and birth, and know how hard it is tell me how you organized yourself for better grades