So I spoke to a few pharmacists in my area....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Omg, you guys all like poisoned snakes here waiting on someone young and unexpirienced here so you can "bite with your advice". To me I am old enough and prob older than all of you here to make my own decision. My fault that I involved in conversation here and kept asking for your personal experience... so non of you can even speak for themselves, quoting only internet statistics.
Common, Stochiometrist, you keep saying 200 k, other jobs in computer.. and you can't even give a decent answer for any questions to you.
The rest who joined him, come up with something New and smarter already, besides saying like "well yea, everyone is talking about and internet is all about market saturation, so yeah go change your career.. yeah I am so smart listen to me"..

Wish you all the best!
We have quoted at minimum 4 goverment commissioned studies announcing how bad its going to be in the future. Im still waiting for even ONE shred of evidence from you to dispell this. We arent the only ones talking about. The US government has MULTIPLE studies confirming this. What other evidence do you need? A pharmacist who doesnt believe evidence would be a terrible pharmacist. Sound like someone?

Members don't see this ad.

We have quoted at minimum 4 goverment commissioned studies announcing how bad its going to be in the future. Im still waiting for even ONE shred of evidence from you to dispell this. We arent the only ones talking about. The US government has MULTIPLE studies confirming this. What other evidence do you need? A pharmacist who doesnt believe evidence would be a terrible pharmacist. Sound like someone?
Only after you show me a proof that you quit pharmacy school, I will believe you.

Because I don't listen to someone who offends others, doesn't make me a bad person or a terrible pharmacist. Lmao

Last edited:
Only after you show me a proof that you quit pharmacy school, I will believe you.

Because I don't listen to someone who offends others, doesn't make me a bad person or a terrible pharmacist. Lmao

How is he offensive you can look this up

Members don't see this ad :)
An intellectually honest person can never say with a straight face that people actually follow a "dream" to be a pharmacist unless this person wants to take over the family business. At least in that situation you are preserving something created rather than be a cog in a machine or a pseudo-provider.

The projections are dire. Marina22 is obviously delusional, but it's her life mistake to make.

I never claimed to quit school, what strawman argument are you attempting to construct? I havent offended anyone, I have provided evidence that the government has commissioned studies looking into the saturation of the field. I did say I regret going to school, which I still do. You are pushing the opposite narrative without ANY evidence at all amd have attacked many on this forum who try and have disproved you. I invite you into this field and look forward to the day when you graduate in 2021 or whenever. I anticipate what tune you'll be singing then as at least 75,000 pharmacists will have graduated between now and that date. The field only has about 300,000 employed, so what are the odds you'll be a lucky one and get a job? With your attitude, not likely. Keep in mind you leave an electronic footprint no matter how anonymous you think you are.

An intellectually honest person can never say with a straight face that people actually follow a "dream" to be a pharmacist unless this person wants to take over the family business. At least in that situation you are preserving something created rather than be a cog in a machine or a pseudo-provider.

The projections are dire. Marina22 is obviously delusional, but it's her life mistake to make.

She really is

I know a couple of people who have really wanted to be a doctor (of pharmacy). They couldn't get into pharmacy schools in the past. But now it's so easy to get in, they just go for it and their parents are willing to pay for them no matter if they can get a job in the future!!!
Other people say they want to live their dream and can afford to be poor for the rest of their life, hahaha.

Shhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you! Finally someone let me go to make my own "pharmacy mistake".
If you are intellectually advanced than it's great! There is nothing I can do to be at the same level of intelligency like you and others here.

Last edited:
If "we" were intellectually advanced we wouldn't be pharmacists.

Thank you! Finally someone let me go to make my own "pharmacy mistake".
If you are intellectually advanced than it's great! There is nothing I can do to be at the same level of intelligency like you and others here.

Yes intelligency level is important.

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally know the CVS district manager in my area so I'm not worried :laugh:

Just to be fair I want to point out that DM at CVS is a revolving door, they might not even be there by the time you graduate. Actually every position at CVS is a revolving door so I guess you don't need the connection anyways :nod:

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't really take the doom and gloom stuff seriously until a friend I know personally graduated from Rosalind Franklin last year and is currently a floater for Walgreens.. crazy how you can go to school for 8 years and just become another ant in a corporatocracy

Damn.....

and they are pretty much telling me I'll have to be willing to move somewhere completely different to just find a job anymore....sigh. They told me stay away and actually try for other health professions. This sucks to feel like this. Even got into contact with some recent graduates who feel pretty much the same about this...

Consider this: many excellent pharm techs with years of experience that have met all the pre-reqs with undergrad degrees that can wipe the floor with any new coming P1 students do not wanna be pharmacists (PA, RN with plans on being an NP or AA or med school). There is a reason for it.... loans + saturation are real...heed the warnings and understand risk and reward. Once you know this and figure out how you gonna pay your way AND getting a job, make your move. I love working with our pharmacists in the DOD (army side) and learn new stuff everyday in the pharmacy (outpatient and inpatient side of the house). What I love most? No matter what path I Persue as a non-traditional student, I will have "no loans" in my name...make a plan , close gap on loans so you can get with the dream and not the money (the driving force of most of our youngsters)

Hhmmm i know right! The girl needs to take a hint she's like blind. The trap will her and her money!

Hmm. A very intellectual conversation we have on SDN by criticizing someone using incoherent grammar and having no other effective comeback except attacking someone of having a disability. Way to go!

I'm sure Marina22 has heard enough of this saturation. It exists and it's very real. If she/he doesn't see it, let them experience it...or not if they're lucky. Arguing like his is like arguing to a wall.

I've seen this OpticQueen on the optometry/pharmacy forums. You haven't even gone to an optometry school yet. Not even college!

Understand that optometry, although not as saturated as pharmacy, is also not in a great condition. If you were a "smart" girl, you'd tell people to go to med school for real job prospects. Don't think you understand the market and the world better than anyone else here.

Go to college and enjoy the next four years of your life rather than attacking people of their choices without any credibility or experience of your own in either field.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Opticalfuture, post: 18761088, member: 832395Sure pharm school is easy but what's going to meet you after you finish school?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call any graduate professional program easy...it's fine to listen in, but until you experience at least college life "you" can't differentiate easy - to - hard. Enjoy your high school graduation though lol

Be smart and don't risk your financial future on those that claim that saturation and declining salaries are a myth. A career switch may seem difficult, if not impossible at this point in your life, however it may be the best decision you make. I made the switch from pharmacy to dentistry this past year after much debate and now I wonder why I didn't do so sooner. It may not be a perfect career, then again no career in healthcare is; that said, anything is better than pharmacy. Cut the big dick contest on intellectualism; it doesn't take a genius to recognize saturation, but it sure as hell takes an idiot to look it in the face and deny it. Reading @stoichiometrist posts should be a prereq for pharmacy school, if not all health professional programs. The opportunity cost is high my friends.

Reactions: 3 users
Pharmacists : Occupational Outlook Handbook: : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Straight from BLS, job outlook is slower than average= translation/not a good sign

You know what's funny? A lot of prepharmers just a couple years ago were using this to SUPPORT their decision to go into pharmacy. Oh how the tables have turned! Oh the irony! They said BLS was a reliable measure b/c Big Brother said so, now, what do they say? Nothing.

Saturation has been beaten to death but there are people that still go to law school. People want to take their chances, even if the odds are declining and stakes are higher. Can't stop them, those seats will always be filled.

Reactions: 1 users
You know what's funny? A lot of prepharmers just a couple years ago were using this to SUPPORT their decision to go into pharmacy. Oh how the tables have turned! Oh the irony! They said BLS was a reliable measure b/c Big Brother said so, now, what do they say? Nothing.

Saturation has been beaten to death but there are people that still go to law school. People want to take their chances, even if the odds are declining and stakes are higher. Can't stop them, those seats will always be filled.
Another, of course anecdotal, indicator is the direction of the threads on this forum. Seriously, look at threads from 2013 and see how many were waitlisted or flat our rejected. The ONLY people I've seen on this forum recently who were rejected or waitlisted were from the Canadian schools. I literally chuckle w hen I see posts with "what are my chances?????". Heres the secret: YOU'RE ALL GETTING IN! And thats the problem. The pre-pharmers see no problem in it right now, but in 4 years the pharmocalpyse happens this forum will be singing a different tune. I can't wait for the "HOW DO I GET HIRED????" threads in 2019. Simple cause and effect people.

And today these prepharmers who became licensed Rph are scrambling for a job....lol...

I can't wait for the "HOW DO I GET HIRED????" threads in 2019.

I'm afraid that it has already started. A variation would be all the threads of people who realize that pharmacy isn't for them after they have reached their P3 or P4 year and trying to get into the cushy non-retail jobs with 1000 applicants per opening. Well, this is what pre-pharms get for not working in a pharmacy before going to pharmacy school and signing away $200k+ in loans to participate in the Hunger Games.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

[QUOTE="Opticalfuture, post: 18761088, member: 832395Sure pharm school is easy but what's going to meet you after you finish school?

I wouldn't call any graduate professional program easy...it's fine to listen in, but until you experience at least college life "you" can't differentiate easy - to - hard. Enjoy your high school graduation though lol[/QUOTE]

I'm not interested in pharmacy

You mean *this you're not the only one with bad grammar mistakes

Hmm. A very intellectual conversation we have on SDN by criticizing someone using incoherent grammar and having no other effective comeback except attacking someone of having a disability. Way to go!

I'm sure Marina22 has heard enough of this saturation. It exists and it's very real. If she/he doesn't see it, let them experience it...or not if they're lucky. Arguing like his is like arguing to a wall.

I've seen this OpticQueen on the optometry/pharmacy forums. You haven't even gone to an optometry school yet. Not even college!

Understand that optometry, although not as saturated as pharmacy, is also not in a great condition. If you were a "smart" girl, you'd tell people to go to med school for real job prospects. Don't think you understand the market and the world better than anyone else here.

Go to college and enjoy the next four years of your life rather than attacking people of their choices without any credibility or experience of your own in either field.

It's funny how you put quotes around the word smart. I am taking college classes this summer while still in high school something you didn't do

I wouldn't call any graduate professional program easy...it's fine to listen in, but until you experience at least college life "you" can't differentiate easy - to - hard. Enjoy your high school graduation though lol

I'm not interested in pharmacy[/QUOTE]

That's fine, but again .... I wouldn't call "any" graduate professional program easy ( listening skills will sharpen in college lol) for now enjoy the high school graduation and free cash from distant family members and friends of friends of family members (I think I received around 2k total from gift cards from people I hardly new when I left my high school for the last time....then again others banked in more than me lol. Ah yes memories lol

It's funny how you put quotes around the word smart. I am taking college classes this summer while still in high school something you didn't do

How would you know that? Lol. I had >18 hrs of college credits going into college and graduated a year early at a top 10 public university in the country. Let's not get conceited. High school taking AP/college courses is still a high schooler.

Smart doesn't always mean intellectual. Smart can be common sense...but to each their own. :whistle:

And not interested in pharmacy but trolling on a pharmacy forum. You must have a lot of time. On spring break? High school was fun

Last edited:
How would you know that? Lol. I had >18 hrs of college credits going into college and graduated a year early at a top 10 public university in the country. Let's not get conceited. High school taking AP/college courses is still a high schooler.

Smart doesn't always mean intellectual. Smart can be common sense...but to each their own. :whistle:

And not interested in pharmacy but trolling on a pharmacy forum. You must have a lot of time. On spring break? High school was fun

No it's over and I'm not trolling and FYI I'm in dual credit honey not AP classes which means it's better than that. Good for you seems like you didn't had any fun in school

No it's over and I'm not trolling and FYI I'm in dual credit honey not AP classes which means it's better than that. Good for you seems like you didn't had any fun in school

As if the difference matters to anyone in college. But hey! Good for you! Very proud! I made use of what I was given and got a full ride.

Nah, I agree. School sucked. Unnecessary general education courses were the worst, and I fell asleep at least once in every one of them.

Last edited:
As if that matters to anyone in college. But hey! Good for you! Very proud! I made use of what I was given and got a full ride.

Nah, I agree. School sucked. Unnecessary general education courses were the worst, and I fell asleep at least once in every one of them. At least our basketball team was spectacular and won the 2017 NCAA Championship! It was a great time. It made all the dull schooling worth it. And the free drinks and food. You will always find free food on campus. #collegetip

Of course it matters I will be getting those credits and taking on that campus . Oh god wonder what school you went to. I make the most in school academics or not

Of course it matters I will be getting those credits and taking on that campus . Oh god wonder what school you went to. I make the most in school academics or not

#GDTBATH with the best shade of blue!

Last edited:
I feel it is necessary to point out that many professional health schools do not accept AP credits taken in high school (usually because most of them are a joke and rarely translate to future success but hey, whatever makes you feel smart). Some do of course. Also this OpticQueen seems to have a lot of worldly knowledge for a 17/18 year old.

I feel it is necessary to point out that many professional health schools do not accept AP credits taken in high school (usually because most of them are a joke and rarely translate to future success but hey, whatever makes you feel smart). Some do of course. Also this OpticQueen seems to have a lot of worldly knowledge for a 17/18 year old.

Yeah, but most schools do. Whether or not AP credits are indicative of a student's performance in college is negligible (as is the stupid SAT/ACT) but I highly recommend it if students have that opportunity. Why spend $500-700 for a class when you could've paid $80 to pass and skip for transfer credit? It can be financially rewarding, and it's all the same for the most part. At the end, a degree is a degree. Unless you want to go to Harvard or some prestigious medical program, AP credits can take you far, especially for kids who struggle financially. Worst case scenario is that they don't accept it and you take it in college...or go to a state school that does accept them.

Last edited:
Yeah, but most schools do. Whether or not AP credits are indicative of a student's performance in college is negligible (as is the stupid SAT/ACT) but I highly recommend it if students have that opportunity. Why spend $500-700 for a class when you could've paid $80 to pass and skip for transfer credit? It can be financially rewarding, and it's all the same for the most part. At the end, a degree is a degree. Unless you want to go to Harvard or some prestigious medical program, AP credits can take you far, especially for kids who struggle financially. Worst case scenario is that they don't accept it and you take it in college...or go to a state school that does accept them.

Yea u got a point

I have a couple of friends who had to move from the NYC (born and raised there too...) to find a job out in the Midwest and Texas areasz

Holy moly. Maybe I should go back to my route of becoming an MLS. You guys are scaring the **** out of me with this saturation talk

Holy moly. Maybe I should go back to my route of becoming an MLS. You guys are scaring the **** out of me with this saturation talk

The fact that BLS had to change the job growth percentage from 14% to 3%(slower than national average) is insane. Our talks don't have to prove anything to you. Just talk to pharmacists in your area like I did and go on to official job websites to see some real stats for yourself.

I already bought this friggin dr. collins study guide **** to study over the summer. Gah! I wish I had researched into job outlook of pharmacists before diving into it.
I hope I get lucky and this works out for me.

Last edited:
The job market is extremely saturated in populated areas, cities. I graduated 10 years ago and jobs were offered left and right. Today, you have to do residency + connections in order to land a job in hospitals. I have 10 years clinical experiences and still have to fight for jobs. It isn't a walking cake as before.

I heard retail setting aren't any better.

I already bought this friggin dr. collins study guide **** to study over the summer. Gah! I wish I had researched into job outlook of pharmacists before diving into it.

that's what we all hope for. we're not in the worst situation in regards to jobs. But we're not in the best.

That would be the equivalent of gambling away $200k+ in student loans.

Optometry is just as saturated lolzzzzzz

Yeah but it's not so bad like everyone wants to do pharmacy because it's so"easy" and high staring paying but it sucks try are not treated right for "doctors"

Yeah but it's not so bad like everyone wants to do pharmacy because it's so"easy" and high staring paying but it sucks try are not treated right for "doctors"

optometry isn't all that hard to get into either. everyone i knew who applied got in somewhere with similar stats of pharmacy admissions, which is like 3.2-3.9 GPA. Even just looking at avg acceptance GPA for optometry school, it's like 3.4 at UC Berkeley. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. If people go into pharmacy expected to be called Dr, then they have no clue what happens in the field.