Smart to do MHA in Canada after completing MBBS from Bangladesh?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sway_212

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title would suggest, I have completed my MBBS degree from Bangladesh and will be starting my one year obligatory internship soon. I was using my free time to look up what I could possibly study in the future and happened to come across MHA.

I have heard about MPH a lot, and it's definitely an interesting field with a wide variety of career opportunities. However, I recently read about healthcare administration and wanted to know more about it. From what I've read online, it appears that a lot of nurses study MHA looking to get into the administrative side of things. To get a job, a bachelors in healthcare administration isn't good enough.

So that's why I was wondering whether me, as a MBBS graduate and one year of work experience, should apply to MHA and whether that will help me get a good job after graduating or whether this won't matter and nurses will have a preference over me. I'm not against nurses or anything but rather I was wondering if MHA after MBBS is a good career path , that's all.

Thanks for any info!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh and I forgot to add, I will study in Canada. My brother is a citizen here and eventually my family might immigrate here . So I will of course prefer to work here, location isn't fixed or anything. I'm willing to move around the country. Anyways I just thought I would input that Canada was my country of choice.