SLP Master's Program School Recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confusedcollegestudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My story: I will be graduating in May from UF with my Bachelor's of Science. I majored in Biology and thought I wanted to go pre-professional but have decided on SLP...just a little late in the game. I have done a ton of research on which school to attend (I would like to stay in Florida) and I have narrowed it down to UCF and UF, I think. I was wondering if anyone knows more about these programs. I would need to do the 3 year program at UCF and for UF there is a year of online post bacc classes prior to the Master's program which I am fine with. The problem is that as an out of field applicant, I don't have the luxury of applying to a bunch of schools and then seeing where I get in. Every school has different pre reqs and different ways for me to obtain them so I pretty much need to pick a school and go with it. I am also looking at FAU and Nova because they are close to where I live and I would save on living expenses.

Any insight on the quality of education at any of the schools I have mentioned would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

My story: I will be graduating in May from UF with my Bachelor's of Science. I majored in Biology and thought I wanted to go pre-professional but have decided on SLP...just a little late in the game. I have done a ton of research on which school to attend (I would like to stay in Florida) and I have narrowed it down to UCF and UF, I think. I was wondering if anyone knows more about these programs. I would need to do the 3 year program at UCF and for UF there is a year of online post bacc classes prior to the Master's program which I am fine with. The problem is that as an out of field applicant, I don't have the luxury of applying to a bunch of schools and then seeing where I get in. Every school has different pre reqs and different ways for me to obtain them so I pretty much need to pick a school and go with it. I am also looking at FAU and Nova because they are close to where I live and I would save on living expenses.

Any insight on the quality of education at any of the schools I have mentioned would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much!
I hear nova is pretty good school...........I'm applying to OT school I will consider speech language pathology