SLP CF question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bmedclinic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I've posted over here before, but I'm not an SLP. My wife is, and I'm asking this question on her behalf. I'm in clinical psych and usually on the PhD board over there.

Anyways, my wife is doing her CFY and the boss is pretty bad. Everything you'd want in a bad boss. Her boss took over this facility a little over a year ago and has had some pretty bad turnover. Lots of people have left. For a place that employs 8ish SLPs, I think they've had 10-15 leave in the last year. Her supervisors are great. Her patients are great. The hours, the passive agresssive actions, judging, expectations from the boss (who is an RN, not a SLP) not so great. Since she's 2 months into her CF (which is 9 months at her currently facility), we're looking for some answers if she moves to a different facility for the remainder of her CF.

I'm sure this is done, but what's important to know before she turns in her two week notice (if she in fact, does do that). Does she need to get her supervisors to sign off on a certain number of hours? Does ASHA look down on this, or put up additional hurdles for to get her C's?

Teach me, oh wise SDN board. :)

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

ASHA does not look down on this and I've known several SLPs who have changed jobs mid-CF for various reasons, including changing settings completely from skilled nursing to the schools. She should contact ASHA to get more info and to make the hours she put into her current job count towards her total. She will need her supervising SLP to complete the supervision forms needed when she applies for her Cs.