Simulating Exam Conditions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

themuffinman11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering what would be the best way to simulate the paper they give you on the actual exam? Is it like a whiteboard and dry erase markers? I'm slightly worried because I'm used to working out a lot of the questions by hand with a black pen and I'm thinking of practicing how it is like on the exam.

On a side note, should I be trying to do questions in my head as much as possible?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok. For my center it was like super cold, and they had headphones on the walls of the cubicle but I didn't use them (idk why, maybe I thought they were dirty lol) but my center was pretty quiet-practice somewhere quiet.
Paper- I got two pink laminated sheets. One side was blank, and the other side had a grid like graph paper and writing on the top 1/8 of the page for both sides.
Marker- I got an overhead-type marker but the tip was like flattened out and goodness, I could not read a thing I wrote. I tend to write pretty small to begin with, and for every section I had to write kinda/sorta big to understand what I had written. They were dry-erase, they smelled (gave me a slight headache), and they didn't erase easily (so I used my nails to scrape away tiny mistakes). I swapped out the boards during my break so I wouldn't waste time during RC and QR.
As for doing it in your head, up to you. Are you likely to get them right? Or are you more likely to make a small mistake?
Hope this helps! :)

EDIT: Found a pic that's almost exactly what I got, except with slightly more space taken up by a bunch of bullet points at the top and also they were like really pink lol. Also, the inner borders for the grid were just as dark as the outer borders.
materials-1.jpg

If you had bad markers, why didn't you ask to get different ones?

Hey guys,

I was wondering what would be the best way to simulate the paper they give you on the actual exam? Is it like a whiteboard and dry erase markers? I'm slightly worried because I'm used to working out a lot of the questions by hand with a black pen and I'm thinking of practicing how it is like on the exam.

On a side note, should I be trying to do questions in my head as much as possible?

Thanks!
If you have time before your test day you might want to consider the Test Drive offered at the Prometric Testing Center. You can get all your questions answered at the exact location where you are taking the exam. Sometimes testing centers vary slightly.

Below is the link if you are interested.

Test Drive

Nancy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Also, a lot of people were mentioning that they couldn't review until they had scrolled through the questions?? I had zero issue with this and was able to review from the very start and jump around on all of my sections. Not sure if this was updated a while ago or what. But yea definitely try to get your hands on some laminated paper and markers because it felt a lot different than using pencil and paper.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the laminated papers I purchased from amazon, I used one today, they are 10, I used it for pat and what nice about these paper, they are graphing paper from one side and the other side is plain. After I finished I brought a used fabric and erased everything, so I can reuse them in the future
Click here

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user