This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piglet2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applied to 25 schools, 2 II, 1 reject, and rest silence.
Complete 7/31-8/3

Not in panic mode, just want to see how everyone is holding up in the radio silence.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't... think that's... what silent squad means

Reactions: 34 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm assuming silent squad means completed apps with no rejections, no IIs

Reactions: 7 users
How can you be a part of the silent squad if you have 2 IIs?

Reactions: 12 users
Ok I'll modify that and say "silent from 20+ schools so far" if we want to be technical.

2/25 odds not looking good for me though. People are getting 6-15 invites left and right :eek:

Applied to 25 schools, 2 II, 1 reject, and rest silence.
Complete 7/31-8/3

Not in panic mode, just want to see how everyone is holding up in the radio silence.
Lmao you have no idea what true silence is. Get back to us when you've gone through a failed cycle.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lmao you have no idea what true silence is. Get back to us when you've gone through a failed cycle.
upload_2017-9-21_22-13-44.png

Reactions: 11 users
Most applicants will be rejected by almost all of the schools they apply to. It's like that every year.

Wow. I've seen some blatant humblebrags before, but this one makes me feel particularly queasy because I know how it feels to actually have heard nothing. Keep fighting the good fight, everyone. It's still only September!

Reactions: 8 users
You're not in silence squad :eyebrow: :uhno:, I am. 37 secondaries submitted mostly late July/early August with 0 II's and 0 rejections.

Reactions: 6 users
You're not in silence squad :eyebrow: :uhno:, I am. 37 secondaries submitted mostly late July/early August with 0 II's and 0 rejections.

Hi 5! I have 20+ completed app since mid Aug and absolutely no news so far. At the rate I'm going for come end Nov I'm going to celebrate Thanksgrieving instead. T_T

Reactions: 4 users
Hi 5! I have 20+ completed app since mid Aug and absolutely no news so far. At the rate I'm going for come end Nov I'm going to celebrate Thanksgrieving instead. T_T
Ahhh yes my people. I finally belong

Reactions: 1 users

Adcom at VCU said they JUST started going through the early August applications. And they started reviewing on the early side compared to most other schools. On top of that, they also have a screen for who gets their secondaries.

Last edited:
Adcom at VCU said they JUST started going through the early August applications. And they started reviewing on the early side compared to most other schools. On top of that, they also have a screen for who gets their secondaries.

Wait what? I've been complete since end of July and haven't had any status changes from VCU.

Wait what? I've been complete since end of July and haven't had any status changes from VCU.

Don't worry! I didn't receive anything from them either, but I think it is more because I didn't apply there xD.

On a more serious note, the applications are NOT processed in a temporal order. So no news doesn't equal to bad news.

Don't worry! I didn't receive anything from them either, but I think it is more because I didn't apply there xD.

On a more serious note, the applications are NOT processed in a temporal order. So no news doesn't equal to bad news.

According to their adcom, they are lol. But it's not super linear.