Should One Use The Audio With The New Goljan Rr??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avishkar1984

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys
i hv reached a crossroad and i dont know wat path to take
i am on my second reading
i am a lil hard up on time (i hv my step1 on 5th nov) and i am using goljan rr 2nd ed for path
i read kaplan during my first reading
so effectively this is the first time i'm reading goljan
i tried to listen to the audios but they r very time consuming
i was wondering if i could do without the audios
is the new rr sufficient??

pls reply asap

thnx

Members don't see this ad.

I felt like listening to lectures while following along with RR was extremely helpful. RR is great but has a little too much detail and the audio helps you focus on the key points. If you're really worried about time listen to lectures at 1.5X speed. GL

but is the book enough
i hope he dsnt mention nething extra in the audios
i hv already read physio biochem and pharma and so i can correlate with the text better
its more like a revision
he teaches beautifully no doubt but the prob is that i prefer listening to the lectures simultaneously while i read the book
i guess i will hv to change my strategy
i think i'll start listening to them on my way to the hospital
this way i wont hv to spend time at home
i'll finish the chapter the night before and listen to the lecture the next day
or maybe i could finish reading and revising the book and then listen to the lectures wen i start doing the ques

m scared....:scared:

i need help
pls suggest sm way to tackle this problem
one option is ot postpone the exam but i want to keep it as the last resort
how did u go abt the audios and the book??
did u do it simultaneously or did u read the book first and then listened to the lectures or the other way round??
i feel that if i finish the book twice and finish the rest of my course by 10 oct
i might be able to squeeze 2 lectures per day as i do my questions
this way i can finish the audios by abt 25th oct
and then revise my course again

here is wat i would like to know:

suppose i am unable to listen to the audios

WILL I LOSE OUT ON THE EXAM??

wat wz ur experience??
do u think u cud hv done without the audios??

thnx
pls reply asap

Members don't see this ad :)
dude, you need to chill. you have like 7 weeks till your exam and you've been through the material once already. whats up with all you foreigners wanting like a year to study for this test. you can finish all the audio lectures fairly quickly (I finished them all in 6 days). In the end though, I dont think the audio helped me answer a single question although it did help solidify my knowledge base.

Do this: read the chapter first, listen to the audio and highlight important points in goljan RR (so flip through the book while listening). when you go back to reviewing, focus on only those sections you annotated with the goljan audio and any other topics you think are important.

RR path is a good book if you can get through it efficiently. Some people can't handle all that detail because they think they have to memorize everything. Use the audio/FA to help filter out whats important.

Now stop stressing and start spelling the word "have" instead of writing "hv"

but is the book enough
i hope he dsnt mention nething extra in the audios

Unlikely. The audios are bootlegs of a crash course he did some years ago (and are copyrighted BTW). To some extent they are likely becoming dated. If you have his more current text, it can safely be assumed that it has been updated to account for various changes in the test over the (many) years since he did those lectures. (not vice versa).