Should I switch classes?

CrazyboyMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
*I am considering switching out of regular physics to AP Environmental Science...Here is my current senior schedule*

English 4 honors
AP Psych
AP US History
Art
Honors Pre-Calc
Honors Biomedical Sciences
Physics

Last Year I took AP Bio, AP Lit, and a few other bioscience classes

Are my chances of getting into my desired university reduced if I don't take Physics in HS?

I would like to major in Bio, and since I took AP Bio already, would AP Environmental Science help the admissions officers realize I am a good candidate for their biology program?

Is there anyone here who did not take physics while in HS?

Members don't see this ad.

*I am considering switching out of regular physics to AP Environmental Science...Here is my current senior schedule*

English 4 honors
AP Psych
AP US History
Art
Honors Pre-Calc
Physics

Are my chances of getting into my desired university reduced if I don't take Physics in HS?

I would like to major in Bio, and since I took AP Bio already, would AP Environmental Science help the admissions officers realize I am a good candidate for their biology program?

If I were you I would stick with Physics. You will be required to take it in college. Getting exposure to it now will be helpful to you once you take it at your university. As far as acceptance I believe Universities look at your GPA and ACT/SAT scores first and then extracurricular activities. So if you are looking good there then you have nothing to worry about. If you do decide to drop physics though I don't think it will hurt you, but I value physics more so than environmental science.

If you want to take the easy route, take the AP environmental science. If you want to go to med school some day, you better stay in that physics class. Life will not get any easier my friend so start getting ready now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take physics. Nobody will be impressed that you took environmental science, and I'm not familiar with any colleges (other than art or technical schools) that consider applicants based on their suitability for a particular major unless you are looking at honors colleges or whatever sort of specialized divisions there at some big state schools.

English 4 honors
AP Psych
AP US History
Art
Honors Pre-Calc
Physics

I didn't take physics in HS and did just fine. Wouldn't hurt to have the experience just so it's your second pass in college, but...your life doesn't hang in the balance.