Should I still owe my school if I'm on HPSP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSandlapper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on Army HPSP and was wondering if the scholarship should cover all the mandatory fees. I can see where the school billed the army for tuition and most fees, but not all the fees. Is this normal or should this be paid by the army?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on Army HPSP and was wondering if the scholarship should cover all the mandatory fees. I can see where the school billed the army for tuition and most fees, but not all the fees. Is this normal or should this be paid by the army?

What fees? The Navy doesn't cover a recreational fee at my school, but that's it.

There are several fees that the Army does not pay. Transportation, child care, technology (if a personal computer (laptop or otherwise) is involved), cap gown, certain other graduation type fees to mention a few.

If you have questions or want clarification about your personal situation, I recommend that you call 800-MED-ARMY

Members don't see this ad :)
@TheSandlapper personally speaking, i only had to pay a few book fees and since i upgraded my insurance i had to pay the difference between the standard and the upgraded costs. it largely depends on what school you go to, as no dental school curriculum is the same.

there are many other huge costs that are covered (i.e. loupes, typodont teeth) that for some reason no one in my class knew about....which blows my mind. read the manual. in fact, if you have a spare moment, peruse the MODS site. another mind boggling thing that a lot of people didn't know about was residency commitment/payback...which is also on MODS. literally almost everything is spelled out there.

and as USArmyHPSP mentioned, i would also get in contact with the 800 number.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
the army still hasnt paid my bill. do i need to contact my school or the army?

Call the HPSP office 877-MED-ARMY and speak to a Student Advisor. They will tell you where the hold up is.