Should I retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JS0301

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I took DAT today and QR section was nothing like I expected. There was no trig for sure, and I had at least 3-5 questions about "Quantitative Comparison" or whatever the section is called in GRE. I usually score 22-30 range in BC QR or 85% on Destroyer QR, and I was really confident I could get 24+ on QR but ended up with 18. I am still shock how hard QR section was. Other than QR & RC, I am pretty happy with. So should I retake it or not? If I don't have to retake it, is my score competitive enough to at least get few interviews?

AA 20
TS 22
BIO 22
GC 22
OC 23
RC 17
QR 18
PAT 22

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My GPA is 3.47ish, sGPA is 3.3...

Hmmm you are om the borderline with 3.3 sci gpa and 20 aa DAT.

Where you went to school will matter (if you went to top school that will help u a lot)

Apply to private schools and broadly, you might get in this cycle if you are willing to risk the $$$

Also took it today and the QR slapped me in the face! I got a 16. LOL Totally feeling your pain right now.

So you wouldn't recommend sticking with math destroyer?

I would still do math destroyer because there were still questions on there that it will prepare you for. Personally, I would just add in GRE practice as well. You might get lucky and have a test that's just like destroyer but I wouldn't chance it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I think your DAT score are good except for the QR.
I hope you get in this cycle.

Thank you for the advice about that Gre section for math, luckily I have all 6 books of Manhattan preparation for GRE MATH that I was trying to sell.

By the way did you use Chad videos or Youtube for Math?

Reactions: 1 user
I think your DAT score are good except for the QR.
I hope you get in this cycle.

Thank you for the advice about that Gre section for math, luckily I have all 6 books of Manhattan preparation for GRE MATH that I was trying to sell.

By the way did you use Chad videos or Youtube for Math?

I was just generally good at Math, but when the questions were something I never approached before, I just went blank for little bit and that's when I loose time and rush things. But Chad Videos for Math section aren't long but he just shows some tricks.

Hello,

I took DAT today and QR section was nothing like I expected. There was no trig for sure, and I had at least 3-5 questions about "Quantitative Comparison" or whatever the section is called in GRE. I usually score 22-30 range in BC QR or 85% on Destroyer QR, and I was really confident I could get 24+ on QR but ended up with 18. I am still shock how hard QR section was. Other than QR & RC, I am pretty happy with. So should I retake it or not? If I don't have to retake it, is my score competitive enough to at least get few interviews?

AA 20
TS 22
BIO 22
GC 22
OC 23
RC 17
QR 18
PAT 22

Excellent science scores, what is your science GPA?
ison type problems but not in all versions. I do believe they are testing problems on some versions but take that into consideration when scoring. Below is a quote from a student who took the exam yesterday.

"To beat this, QR requires strong foundational knowledge on the governing log, exponential, area, volume, trig rules (in general). On this specific test, it focused on word problems, algebra, geometry. Few stats & trig questions. Don't underestimate QR!!!!! That's my advice. If you are bad at math, get the rules down! Then transition to the word problems and what words mean." wildshark16

Wishing you the best and keep us posted.

Nancy

Excellent science scores, what is your science GPA?
ison type problems but not in all versions. I do believe they are testing problems on some versions but take that into consideration when scoring. Below is a quote from a student who took the exam yesterday.

"To beat this, QR requires strong foundational knowledge on the governing log, exponential, area, volume, trig rules (in general). On this specific test, it focused on word problems, algebra, geometry. Few stats & trig questions. Don't underestimate QR!!!!! That's my advice. If you are bad at math, get the rules down! Then transition to the word problems and what words mean." wildshark16

Wishing you the best and keep us posted.

Nancy

My sGPA is 3.3. Do you recommend retaking it? I would definitely be able to raise QR if I practice the new quantitative comparative section. I got everything is down.