Should I pursue smp/post-bac for DO admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDsfloatingheadDr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congratulations on great MCAT score!
You need to email some schools, I read somewhere here on SDN that some schools still take grade replacement.
Apply broadly you will get in somewhere for sure.
Don't wait, Apply NOW.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and for the kind words @dial1010usa. I'll for sure get in touch with some schools that I'm interested in and see if they are willing to give me any advice.

Do you think I hurt my chances by waiting to apply next cycle? I'm pretty invested in my current job and would love to stay here and learn more about clinical research, get published, etc. I was also hoping to use this time to do volunteer work in the community.

Thanks again for your advice!

Best,
JDs

If you have the money apply where you want to be. In the meantime keep calling/emailing schools. I wouldn't wait another year if you can get this year unless you are very picky. If you want to apply next year take some upper division science classes even though you already have proved in your MCAT. You are still not late in the game. The stats keep going up every year and why you wanna loose one year salary by becoming DR.
Good luck!!