Should I give up or keep dating?

struggleisreal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started dating a med student( 3rd year) a few months ago and we hit it off quickly.
But since recently he became busier and busier, which makes me wonder if he is indeed really busy or he is just pretending being busy. Is it possible he can date multiple people while in medical school? I know this sound ridiculous but I can't stop thinking. However, based on his reaction, he still tries to text me every day without seeing me. I think I am fairly attractive and he is worried if I'm dating someone else.
At the beginning he can see me two times a week( when he was on psychology rotation) and I really don't know how intense a third year schedule could be.
I am low maintenance and understand med school is very time consuming. I like him very much but I don't know where my understanding can extend. I feel so cranky sometimes.

Members don't see this ad.

He is indeed very busy. Leave the man alone, third year has enough trouble without an insecure girlfriend (I know from personal experience and 0/5 don't recommend). He likely has no time and money to be dating you, never mind other girls. There's a lot of stress when you're trying to perform for the rotation, do well on shelf exams and stay sane. There were many times when I would be working 60 to 80 hours a week and spending any free time studying or sleeping and the last thing I needed was insane accusations of infidelity

Reactions: 2 users
I started dating a med student( 3rd year) a few months ago and we hit it off quickly.
But since recently he became busier and busier, which makes me wonder if he is indeed really busy or he is just pretending being busy. Is it possible he can date multiple people while in medical school? I know this sound ridiculous but I can't stop thinking. However, based on his reaction, he still tries to text me every day without seeing me. I think I am fairly attractive and he is worried if I'm dating someone else.
At the beginning he can see me two times a week( when he was on psychology rotation) and I really don't know how intense a third year schedule could be.
I am low maintenance and understand med school is very time consuming. I like him very much but I don't know where my understanding can extend. I feel so cranky sometimes.
To say what he is doing is hard since we are not there. But, I do know as a M4 that he is very busy and has his hands full I am sure. You have to endure 3rd yr. That is what he is doing.

Also, he was on Psychiatry rotation and not psychology. That shows you do not know what he is going through. Also, to add that is probably going to be the easiest rotation of his 3rd yr.

So, you have to patient until he gets through this year and take what he can give. It will get better next year but not until he has taken both parts of Step 2. Then, he has to worry about those and interviews and then matching into residency.

Medicine is not for the faint of heart. It is a marathon that never ends................

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Believe me, the only girl he has time to talk to during 3rd year is handgelina jolie

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
He is indeed very busy. Leave the man alone, third year has enough trouble without an insecure girlfriend (I know from personal experience and 0/5 don't recommend). He likely has no time and money to be dating you, never mind other girls. There's a lot of stress when you're trying to perform for the rotation, do well on shelf exams and stay sane. There were many times when I would be working 60 to 80 hours a week and spending any free time studying or sleeping and the last thing I needed was insane accusations of infidelity
I know I am very cranky and probably ridiculous now
But I'd better put my mind at peace and focus on my own life until he is done with his exam.
Thank you!

Last edited:
borderline......lol.........

Hmmmmmm.....You have to be supportive but follow your instinct. The 3rd year med students ban many girls at a time. I see them at the facility in which I work and those on the night shift are a danger to themselves.

Hmmmmmm.....You have to be supportive but follow your instinct. The 3rd year med students ban many girls at a time. I see them at the facility in which I work and those on the night shift are a danger to themselves.
I agree, physicians can be disgusting :eek: