Should I get this year's DAT Destroyer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ringofkeys

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 2016's DAT Destroyer and Math Destroyer, but have not used them because my whole undergrad timeline has shifted by a year. Should I get 2017's Destroyer's bc of the new content, or just stick with 2016? Or get the new dat destroyer and still use 2016's math destroyer?

I am planning on taking the DAT in mid-July this year

Members don't see this ad.

No it's a waste of money imo unless there were "major" changes which I doubt.

What about the minor changes that give some sort of advantages to questions that pertain to this year?

Tbh I'm not sure. But if the 2016 version worked for people last year, I think it should work for you this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the 2012 DAT destroyer (among other resources) raised my bio score from 18 to 23. I can DM you the scores as evidence if you'd like

I have 2 sets of Math destroyer and DAT destroyer from 2011 and 2015. The math destroyers were almost identical, so i'm thinking that it's okay if I study with the 2015 version of destroyer right? I mean, how much could things have changed in ~2 years? Do they put in different types of questions that are closer to the ones we'll see on today's exam?

I have 2 sets of Math destroyer and DAT destroyer from 2011 and 2015. The math destroyers were almost identical, so i'm thinking that it's okay if I study with the 2015 version of destroyer right? I mean, how much could things have changed in ~2 years? Do they put in different types of questions that are closer to the ones we'll see on today's exam?
from what i've read on here, each version is updated to have a closer fit to this year's types of question. and based on bootcamp, the QR section has been updated to incorporate more of a certain section that i do not remember off the top of my head right now, but it will only be a few questions

wait so you used the 2012 version to study for this year's DAT?
yeah, i swear

i took the cDAT this year, took the american one 2 years ago. i was ill-prepared for the american one cause i didn't study it properly. i was also trying to save on money this year, and i had the 2012 version anyway so i stuck with it

if i could give an analogy to the dat destroyer books, is that they're like cars. all cars get you to point a to point b, and recent model years have extra safety features in them (i.e. blind spot monitoring, lane keep assist, collision warning system...). in reality, people have driven cars perfectly fine without these "extra features". with newer DAT destroyers, there's just more questions and various ways of asking the questions - that is analogous to the "safety features" of cars

that's just how i see the newer dat versions

Reactions: 1 user
yeah, i swear

i took the cDAT this year, took the american one 2 years ago. i was ill-prepared for the american one cause i didn't study it properly. i was also trying to save on money this year, and i had the 2012 version anyway so i stuck with it

if i could give an analogy to the dat destroyer books, is that they're like cars. all cars get you to point a to point b, and recent model years have extra safety features in them (i.e. blind spot monitoring, lane keep assist, collision warning system...). in reality, people have driven cars perfectly fine without these "extra features". with newer DAT destroyers, there's just more questions and various ways of asking the questions - that is analogous to the "safety features" of cars

that's just how i see the newer dat versions

What if that car is from the 19th century? (I have a 2011 Destroyer that im not sure I should put too much time into). I'm sure alot has changed in 6 years

What if that car is from the 19th century? (I have a 2011 Destroyer that im not sure I should put too much time into). I'm sure alot has changed in 6 years
lmao well then you should buy the recent one if you have no other previous DAT destroyers. i feel like

well if you have the resources to purchase the destroyer, by all means go for it. but i used the 2012 and came out perfectly okay!

another tip is, use various resources listed here in SDN to broaden your understanding of the subjects

I had a friend who borrowed my 2017 version to see if there were any differences in his 2016 copy. He said that they were only MINOR differences in math portion, but everything else was identical. Do not waste another $200.

Reactions: 1 users