Should I Apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jman3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got done taking the PCAT and I was wondering if I should retake the test again or just go ahead and apply... Here are my scores

Biology - 58
Chemistry - 72
Reading - 16
Math - 29
Composite 41

I'm upset that my math and reading were so low this time, because the last time I took the PCAT, I scored 60 on math and 49 on reading, which is really disappointing to see such low scores on it this time. Does anyone also know if they would take that into consideration my math and reading scores from last time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

It would be smart to re take it in my opinion. Not only to improve your scores, but also to show that you are highly motivated to get into Pharmacy School. I haven't taken it yet, just my two cents!

Are you applying for next Fall? I don't know if you have time to retake it for this application cycle (most schools only accept scores received from the previous January and before).

EDIT: It appears that some schools have started accepting PCAT scores through Feb now, so check with your institution.

What was your composite last time?

Your Bio and Chem scores really aren't bad, depending on where you're applying. If you are trying to go to a name brand school, I would look up what they require for PCAT scores, as most want something in the 70's. However, there are a ton of Pharmacy schools that don't have a minimum requirement for the PCAT.

Assuming you're not trying to go to the University of Michigan or a similar tier school, I would go ahead and apply with your scores and see what happens.

Best of luck!
Cali

Last edited: