Should I apply with these DAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aspiring_dentist2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I took the DAT yesterday and QR killed me. I was not expecting the many GRE questions and lost plenty of time while doing them. My transfer GPA from an associates degree is 3.96 and I'm currently almost finishing my bachelors with a 4.0. Would it be possible for me to apply this cycle with the following scores? Would schools consider me with that low QR?

Bio 21
GC 22
OC 23
PAT 18
RC 19
QR---15
TS 22
AA 20

I'll really appreciate any input

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
YES! You have to apply this summer. Just apply to schools don't have cut offs, I know for a fact WesternU doesn't have cut off.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I took the DAT yesterday and QR killed me. I was not expecting the many GRE questions and lost plenty of time while doing them. My transfer GPA from an associates degree is 3.96 and I'm currently almost finishing my bachelors with a 4.0. Would it be possible for me to apply this cycle with the following scores? Would schools consider me with that low QR?

Bio 21
GC 22
OC 23
PAT 18
RC 19
QR---15
TS 22
AA 20

you need to look on the websites on the schools you want to apply to and look at their DAT cuttoffs to see if they'd accept a QR of 15. If most of the schools do accept it, then apply. If most dont, then re-take

Bio 21
GC 22
OC 23
PAT 18
RC 19
QR---15
TS 22
AA 20

I'd check the ADEA guide. Some schools have cutoffs, some don't.

When you say GRE questions, do you mean mostly quantitive comparison?

Members don't see this ad :)
With your GPA, I think you'll be absolutely fine applying. Just call the schools you're interested in ahead of time and ask if they have a QR score cutoff. I suspect it will be ok at most schools though.

Thank you all! I really appreciate deeply your recommendations. Just bought the ADEA book and upon arrival will check to see which schools have cutoff for math and apply for those that are going to consider my app. I hope I don't have to re-take the test and that I get accepted to my top choice dental school. Thank you again!