Program-Specific Info / Q's Shenandoah University app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys! I recently (10/6) submitted my application to Shenandoah but I have not heard anything about them even just saying they have received my application. Has anyone else applied this cycle and had a similar experience? Is it normal to not get a generic email that they have received my application? Any advice would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh my! I came across this blog site not too long ago. I was originally waitlisted and received my acceptance to NOVA back in Feb. Congrats to everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all! I was originally waitlisted and received my acceptance back in Feb. to NOVA campus. Im so excited! :)

:)Sorry about the multiple posts! I tried to delete. I dont know how I did that

Last edited:
Just curious, is there a Facebook page for class of 2019 for the nova campus?

I dont believe there is. Winchester does and I joined that for now during this whole admissions process until one is created by someone for the NOVA campus.

I dont believe there is. Winchester does and I joined that for now during this whole admissions process until one is created by someone for the NOVA campus.

Shenandoah University Occupational Therapy 2017-Leesburg Campus. Fb page created.

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone please provide the link to the actual page? I can only seem to find the class of 2017 page for the Leesburg campus. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait...I don't think that helped :laugh:

If you type in " Shenandoah University Occupational Therapy 2017 - Leesburg Campus" in FB search, you should see a purple and white cover photo with the slogan 'Reach your pOTential'.
It helped, thank you so much! I just requested to join the group :)

Anyone know how much you're taking out in loans? I'm not sure if I want/need grad plus, but gotta figure it out soon.

Hi guys! I know that this is a late post - but now I am in your position! Patiently waiting to hear back from Shenandoah. Can the people that got in, share your stats with me? I consider myself pretty competitive, but want to ease my mind and see if I have a good shot. Thanks in advance! They sent an email saying I should hear back from them in December so it's a waiting game!

I heard from Shenandoah today inviting me for an interview January 8th- I did not realize they were doing interviews. Anyone else hear from them today?

I heard from Shenandoah today inviting me for an interview January 8th- I did not realize they were doing interviews. Anyone else hear from them today?

I was also caught off guard they were doing interviews! I think they do them every other year. I wonder how many people have an interview January 8th?? It said an *individual* interview, but a group activity. Curious to see what that is. Curious as in, nervous. lol

I was also caught off guard they were doing interviews! I think they do them every other year. I wonder how many people have an interview January 8th?? It said an *individual* interview, but a group activity. Curious to see what that is. Curious as in, nervous. lol
Same here, dude. Like, do I go in a full suit and tie to thing? Lol
I live on the west coast so it's a big commitment for me to get out there. I'm hoping itll be a cheap trip

OT-riffic, I visited Shenandoah for an info session back in July (I live 3 hours away from the Winchester campus) and it's a very small, quiet school kind of in the middle of no where since it's in the country lol It's beautiful and definitely gives you the opportunity to explore the mountains. When I visited I stayed in a decent hotel for one night for $75, not sure how much your plane ticket would cost though. Hope you can make it! Excited to meet people that day.

Hi guys! I know that this is a late post - but now I am in your position! Patiently waiting to hear back from Shenandoah. Can the people that got in, share your stats with me? I consider myself pretty competitive, but want to ease my mind and see if I have a good shot. Thanks in advance! They sent an email saying I should hear back from them in December so it's a waiting game!
I had a 3.5 undergrad GPA, 3.8ish for the prereqs, and about 120 hours of observation. They did not do interviews last year so I cannot give any advice on that, but I'd say have a good understanding of what OT is and try to stay relaxed (I know, easier said than done) and be confident in your answers.

I was recently invited for an interview on Jan. 9! I was very surprised to hear they're doing interviews and I'm from California so it's a bit of a haul to get out there but oh well I'm just glad I received an invite haha. The group activity makes me a bit nervous, I wonder what it could be

I was recently invited for an interview on Jan. 9! I was very surprised to hear they're doing interviews and I'm from California so it's a bit of a haul to get out there but oh well I'm just glad I received an invite haha. The group activity makes me a bit nervous, I wonder what it could be

The group activity is what makes me nervous as well. I'm assuming it's an around the table discussion or something? Not sure. Maybe we'll be surprised and it will be a funny activity to lighten the anxiety hahah

Hi there! For those of you accepted, could you please share your stats?! I am applying there next year. Thank you and congratulations on your acceptances! :)

This is my second time applying but first time to this school. What is the difference between campuses? I chose 'no preference' but it also asks which I would prefer if given the choice.