Program-Specific Info / Q's Shenandoah University app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an email saying admissions office is closed and will reopen on January 3rd Go figure
so did I, and when I opened it I thought just maybe it was going to be something super important! Now even more anticipation :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an email as well telling me I was accepted for the Winchester campus, yay!
I definetly want to talk to a current student about the hybrid format but besides that everything about the program looks solid

Reactions: 1 user
I definetly want to talk to a current student about the hybrid format but besides that everything about the program looks solid

Yes that would be nice to talk about. There is another thread with another student talking about their experience. Goodluck to all!!

I got an email this morning saying I was accepted to the NOVA campus! Anyone else get accepted to the NOVA campus?

Guys this anticipation is killing me! Anyone know how many students they accept for each campus? I have been anxiously waiting for January 3rd since I got that email sigh

Reactions: 1 users
Guys this anticipation is killing me! Anyone know how many students they accept for each campus? I have been anxiously waiting for January 3rd since I got that email sigh

I went to an open house in September and was told they planned to accept 33 in Winchester and 22 in NOVA, making a total of 55. If I am not mistaken, 10 of those Winchester spots are held for SU undergrads with guaranteed admission. I can't stand this waiting!!

Well I'm still waiting on my official letter even though I got the email saying I got in right before Christmas. Don't want to miss that deposit due date!

I just received an email as well telling me I was accepted for the Winchester campus, yay!

Do you all think this means they have made their final decisions? Or is there still some hope?

Do you all think this means they have made their final decisions? Or is there still some hope?

I read somewhere that SU basically puts you on a waitlist without notifying you. They accept a round of people and then if some of those don't pay the deposit on time or accept, they send out another round of acceptance emails. They don't flat out reject people until all the spots are filled.

Members don't see this ad :)
I read somewhere that SU basically puts you on a waitlist without notifying you. They accept a round of people and then if some of those don't pay the deposit on time or accept, they send out another round of acceptance emails. They don't flat out reject people until all the spots are filled.

Thanks. Ugh the waiting game

I got an email yesterday saying they didn't have a chance to look at all the applications before break and they were reviewed on break. It said once they go through them we will be notified of a decision. Did anyone else get that?

Last edited:
I got a email yesterday saying they didn't have a chance to look at all the applications before break and they were reviewed on break. It said once they go through them we will be notified of a decision. Did anyone else get that?
I got it. Hopefully it will be soon. My heart can't take much more anticipation.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! I just got an email notifying me that I am on the alternate list. Good luck to everyone else!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I received an alternate list email as well! :( Goodluck to everyone!!!

I'm on the alternate list as well... that thing must be HUGE.
I emailed Linda Burrow and she said there are 58 people on both the NOVA waiting list and the Winchester one :( so sad!! Hopefully people will start declining!! I wish she was allowed to tell us where we are on it!

I emailed Linda Burrow and she said there are 58 people on both the NOVA waiting list and the Winchester one :( so sad!! Hopefully people will start declining!! I wish she was allowed to tell us where we are on it!
I have also been placed on the alternate list... I wonder how many people applied to the program?

I have also been placed on the alternate list... I wonder how many people applied to the program?

I was told over 600 applied when I attended the open house this fall

I was told over 600 applied when I attended the open house this fall
guess that means being on the wait list is a good sign considering there are only 58/600 applicants on the list. Good Luck!

guess that means being on the wait list is a good sign considering there are only 58/600 applicants on the list. Good Luck!
Thank you!! Good luck to you as well!!

I guess it depends on what the breakdown is by campus... for example, if they accepted 22 and put 58 on the waiting list for NoVa, and applications were split evenly, it would mean 80/300, with roughly similar numbers for the Winchester campus.

I guess it depends on what the breakdown is by campus... for example, if they accepted 22 and put 58 on the waiting list for NoVa, and applications were split evenly, it would mean 80/300, with roughly similar numbers for the Winchester campus.
True. Did anyone receive an email for what campus they were wait listed for, mine did not specify? Is anyone still waiting for a respond?

So 58 on each campuses waiting lists or 58 combined amongst the two? That's a lot!

True. Did anyone receive an email for what campus they were wait listed for, mine did not specify? Is anyone still waiting for a respond?

No, mine didn't either. I already emailed her telling her I want to be on the waiting list... this is the first school I heard back from other than for an interview later this month so I responded right back lol

I asked Ms. Burrow and she told me 58 were on the waiting list for Nova, and 58 were on the waiting list for Winchester. The one you chose on your OTCAS application would be the one that you are on!

I asked Ms. Burrow and she told me 58 were on the waiting list for Nova, and 58 were on the waiting list for Winchester. The one you chose on your OTCAS application would be the one that you are on!

That's so many! That's crazy

I'm also on the alternate list! Hoping for the best!

Hey guys, I received an email the other day stating I was accepted to the Winchester campus!

Did anyone apply to any other schools in VA?

Emory & Henry, Mary Baldwin, VCU, and Jefferson College

I applied to all of those and Radford!

That's awesome! I am from Virginia and go to undergrad here so I might as well try to stick to instate! I wish I could apply to radford but I did not have a high enough cum gpa and I had a C in biology.. grr lol all have had heard back from so far is Emory and Henry... have you heard from any of the other schools?

That's awesome! I am from Virginia and go to undergrad here so I might as well try to stick to instate! I wish I could apply to radford but I did not have a high enough cum gpa and I had a C in biology.. grr lol all have had heard back from so far is Emory and Henry... have you heard from any of the other schools?

I have only heard from Emory and Henry as well, I think we should hear from Jefferson soon!! :)

I have only heard from Emory and Henry as well, I think we should hear from Jefferson soon!! :)

I am getting anxious cause I know we will hear from Jefferson soon! I have an interview with E&H on the 28th! Excited about that. Are you from Virginia or just want to go to school here?

Did no one apply to JMU?

I did not because they had very weird prerequisites that my school didn't have or I have not taken. Plus I also heard they took the majority of their cohort from their own school!

Guys I was denied from Shenandoah but I applied to Jefferson too and I am still very hopeful! Keep your heads up! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received their welcome packet yet if you were accepted?