Program-Specific Info / Q's Shenandoah University app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdOT17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I recently (10/6) submitted my application to Shenandoah but I have not heard anything about them even just saying they have received my application. Has anyone else applied this cycle and had a similar experience? Is it normal to not get a generic email that they have received my application? Any advice would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!

I put my app in early and got a standard confirmation email mid-September. I'd say reach out to admissions :)

Ok great! I contacted the admissions counselor 2 weeks ago about it and her answer was not helpful... maybe I should try again! Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok great! I contacted the admissions counselor 2 weeks ago about it and her answer was not helpful... maybe I should try again! Thank you!

I got my confirmation email last year a few days after the application deadline. I'm sure that it is on it's way

Ok! Thanks for the responses! It has been a week since the app deadline and was just making sure that everything was ok! I submitted my stuff to one other school at the time and I received a message from them so i didn't know if it was normal to not have received a message yet!

I haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail either.

Me neither I submitted in Sept at shenandoah

Interesting... maybe I can contact admissions again tomorrow? I think it is strange that some of us would receive it and some not...

I haven't received a confirmation email either and I submitted mine in September.

I called the admissions advisor today so stay tuned...

Hey guys do we know if Shenandoah is doing interviews this year? If so, when?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am honestly not sure.. I thought they didn't but could be wrong

I have also received an e-mail about them receiving my application. But no updates. That was September 16th

Last edited:
I got an email at the beginning of the week that said that my app was being forwarded to the admissions committee!

Hey guys do we know if Shenandoah is doing interviews this year? If so, when?

They aren't doing interviews this year! I went to the open house and that's what I was told

Reactions: 1 user
Sweet, thanks! I thought it might be around then, but wasn't sure. Goodluck!

i heard back last year towards the middle of January!

Still haven't gotten the second email guys and I submitted my app in mid September. I tried emailing Linda twice but of course no answer. Getting kind of worried not knowing if they received everything ?! Anyone in the same boat?

Still haven't gotten the second email guys and I submitted my app in mid September. I tried emailing Linda twice but of course no answer. Getting kind of worried not knowing if they received everything ?! Anyone in the same boat?

Same boat!!! No response since I got the e-mail that everything has been received. That was sep 16th!

I'm also in the same boat! I just received the first email October 7th.

Anyone heard anything yet?
I just got the email saying that my application has been forwarded and all it said were "decisions will be made in December"

Reactions: 1 users
I just got the email saying that my application has been forwarded and all it said were "decisions will be made in December"
Hi guys. I've been checking this thread every day since I found it. I got the email that my application had been forwarded to the admissions committee back in the middle of November. I'm so anxious to hear! This is my second time applying to schools so I'm hoping this year I get in! How about you guys? Is this your top school?

@srOT I am the same way. I'm on here everyday haha and good luck to you!! This is my first year applying but my stats are pretty low. I am telling myself now that I won't get in so I won't be bummed :/ Waiting to hear from 4 more schools but I'd say Shenandoah is my top! What about you?!

@srOT I am the same way. I'm on here everyday haha and good luck to you!! This is my first year applying but my stats are pretty low. I am telling myself now that I won't get in so I won't be bummed :/ Waiting to hear from 4 more schools but I'd say Shenandoah is my top! What about you?!
Good luck to you also! I applied to JMU only last year and was put on the waiting list. Inpplied to shenendoah and JMU this year. I'm getting married this year so the hybrid program makes it a great choice for me. Did you apply to Winchester or NOVA?

Hi guys. I've been checking this thread every day since I found it. I got the email that my application had been forwarded to the admissions committee back in the middle of November. I'm so anxious to hear! This is my second time applying to schools so I'm hoping this year I get in! How about you guys? Is this your top school?
I've been checking in every day too! I just want to hear back from somewhere! I've applied to 7 schools...it's my first time applying and I'm nervous I'm not going to get into any. I'm not sure if it's my top choice yet, but I like the location and love how affordable it is, so it is definitely up there! Do you guys live in the area?

I've been checking in every day too! I just want to hear back from somewhere! I've applied to 7 schools...it's my first time applying and I'm nervous I'm not going to get into any. I'm not sure if it's my top choice yet, but I like the location and love how affordable it is, so it is definitely up there! Do you guys live in the area?
Hi! I hope you get in somewhere! I live about an hour from both the Winchester campus and from the Leesburg campus! What about you?

Hi! I hope you get in somewhere! I live about an hour from both the Winchester campus and from the Leesburg campus! What about you?
Thanks! I hope you get in somewhere too!! I live about an hour from the Northern Virginia campus and about 1.5 hours from the other campus.

I am anxiously waiting as well! Playing the waiting game is not fun! Good luck to everyone... my thought is that if they said "by December" then it would be before the holidays since most schools close around Christmas Eve. So hopefully we wont be in the dark for too long!

I am anxiously waiting as well! Playing the waiting game is not fun! Good luck to everyone... my thought is that if they said "by December" then it would be before the holidays since most schools close around Christmas Eve. So hopefully we wont be in the dark for too long!
I hope we find out soon! I was looking through other threads and last year it seems like people were finding out this week! Good luck to you!

Still nothing and I am getting so impatient !!

Still nothing and I am getting so impatient !!
I know same here! Maybe this week! I looked at their schedule and the university is open until the 23rd! Hopefully we will hear by then!

Reactions: 1 users
I just heard back from them.

Email, they said they will be mailing an official invitation soon.

Last edited:
Ahh! Should I call and ask about the status?

I just got an email saying admissions office is closed and will reopen on January 3rd Go figure

Reactions: 3 users