SGU vs. Jagiellonian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

piotrkol1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to get some advice about choosing between SGU and Jagiellonian, specifically if either will give me a slightly better chance at landing a residency spot in the US. I know that people often change their minds once they actually go through medical school, but working as an EMT has gotten me fairly interested in doing EM. Please only respond with honest advice, I'm already familiar with the difficulties of going abroad so no need to bash my plan. I applied to 15 DO schools and I suppose I might have a chance at getting in somewhere, but I need to start thinking about a backup plan. My whole family is from Poland, I've been there multiple times, and I speak Polish too, so that's where I got the idea of going there. I see that its also much cheaper compared to SGU.

Members don't see this ad.

(Warning Anecdotal Data) A lot of my friends who went to Poland for med school in Lublin and Silesia had a hard time matching. I just feel like that among the people I knew, people who went to Ross, SGU had a higher match percentage.

It is probably better to go to SGU, but I feel like if you are polish, going back to Poland would be such a valuable experience for you. You would connect with your native country, improve your Polish, and you would have a good reason/excuse to have gone.

SGU probably has a better match rate, but at the same time it wouldn't be impossible to match from Poland either. You will probably end up in the NE if you went to Jag.