SGU UK Clinicals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DevenirMedecin

A smooth sea never made for a skillful sailor.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm at SGU mulling over where to do clerkships. Has anyone pursuing an EM residency ever split their rotations between the US and UK? Were they successful in obtaining an EM residency? Any advice or information is welcome. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

For EM you need SLOES. American letters from EM programs here. The more the better for your match, especially since EM is not an easy direction to match into for IMGs at this point. I cannot see any benefit to doing more than one away rotation in the UK. And even that might put you behind.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm at SGU mulling over where to do clerkships. Has anyone pursuing an EM residency ever split their rotations between the US and UK? Were they successful in obtaining an EM residency? Any advice or information is welcome. Thanks in advance!

Better to figure out where you want to go and focus all of your efforts on making yourself the most attractive candidate you can for one or the other. Spreading yourself too thin makes you look bad in both arenas.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you both for your advice!