SGU, AUC and Ross chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tony729

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you are getting practice scores in the 21 and 22 range, it means you have a HUGE content deficit. Why are you even taking practice tests at this stage? I will never understand people who decide to take full length practice exams before they are done with content review. That's a waste of full lengths that can be used as a predictor when you're actually ready!

Reactions: 4 users
WHich sections are you weak at?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
I am a bit worried about applying to medical schools and would like an honest opinion on my chances. I recently graduated from state university with honors and a cgpa of 3.83 and sgpa of 3.5. I have been shadowing and volunteering since 9th grade and have more than 1000 hrs, played multiple intramural sports, pre-med society, tutored, and couple other organizations. Still studying for the mcat. Practice scores in 21/22 range.. a bit worried.
Your practice scores indicate that you are not yet ready to take the test. Do not take the MCAT until you are confident that you are above the score needed for your target institutions. The Caribbean does not have target institutions. They are for those who have missed the target.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Are you having difficulty with timing or do you find that you frequently don't have sufficient background?

PS 6 VS 8 BS 7

good thing is your BS and PS can be worked on while your verbal might be passable. How are you studying for them?

I am trying to go through all the kaplan material again and do as many practice questions as possible. I plan on taking the mcat next month september 10th.

I am trying to go through all the kaplan material again and do as many practice questions as possible. I plan on taking the mcat next month september 10th.

you shouldn't take it so soon given what your scores look like right now. Try getting other prep books to study more. Caribbean med schools are not a very good idea

What would you suggest is the quickest way to learn the content. Kaplan foundation reviews, quicksheet, mcat-review, chads mcat videos?

What would you suggest is the quickest way to learn the content. Kaplan foundation reviews, quicksheet, mcat-review, chads mcat videos?

depends. HOw much background do you have? what kind of bio class have you taken? CHem classes? orgo?

Don't go to the Caribbean. Just take practice exams until you're averaging whatever score you need to get into a US MD or DO school.

MD/MPH Class of 2017

Your chances of acceptance are 100% provided you're still breathing and can write an upfront tuition check.

Hi everyone,
I am a bit worried about applying to medical schools and would like an honest opinion on my chances. I recently graduated from state university with honors and a cgpa of 3.83 and sgpa of 3.5. I have been shadowing and volunteering since 9th grade and have more than 1000 hrs, played multiple intramural sports, pre-med society, tutored, and couple other organizations. Still studying for the mcat. Practice scores in 21/22 range.. a bit worried.

Reactions: 4 users

Read. Content books. Everyday, multiple hours per day. Read everything. Then, and only then, take another practice test. Don't even consider scheduling the real thing until you've gone over the content A LOT more.

Kaplan? No. Berkeley Review is a lot better.Get those for all subjects except Verbal and Bio. For Bio, get Princeton Review. For Verbal, get Princeton Review Hyperlearning.

Signing up for an MCAT when you are still a lot of points below where you need to be is foolish. There is no fixed time table here -- you need to get all those ducks in a Row before you pull the trigger. you might be a year away from being ready to tackle this test. Try different books, different review course. Most people score within three points above OR BELOW what they are currently scoring on full length practice tests. For someone who struggles on multiple choice tests, the Caribbean is a dangerous path. you might tank step 1 too (a much more comprehensive multiple choice test) and then you will have too many strikes against you. Offshore schools only really pan out for the person who goofed off in college but has the ability to become a Superstar when given one more chance. The person ho goes there because they couldn't get over an expected hurdle too often becomes an unfortunate Statistic.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone,

Attachments

• 1405248796690.jpg
    1405248796690.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 44
If the average for SGU is 24, should a 22 (low mcat) even out with a high gpa?