General Admissions & OTCAS seton hall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an acceptance call yesterday afternoon. :) I'm pretty sure they aren't finished making phone calls, so good luck to everyone else!
Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mind sharing your stats?

I was accepted and I had a 3.68 gpa at the time of applying. I have 100 observation hours (40 pediatric outpatient and 60 geriatric rehab). I'm not sure of my prerequisite gpa but I know I got a B+ in both anatomy 1 and anatomy 2. I have a lot of volunteer and fundraising experience with my sorority, I volunteered abroad, and I'm a paraprofessional. I was denied from Kean because I applied a few days before the deadline and accepted to Seton Hall!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't lose hope. The acceptance packages haven't been received yet and I know once they are, people will decline and spots will open up.

Thank you! I needed to hear that. I just have to try to stay more positive about this. It's just hard waiting so long to hear anything back.

I received my acceptance letter in the mail today! Stay hopeful those of you who are still waiting to hear back!

Did you receive a call first or just receive the acceptance letter?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The email said we're all supposed to hear by the end of the coming week (4/15), so this is it. Good luck, everyone. I really hope we all get some good news.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep still nothing. The email said expect a letter in the mail by 4/15 when I asked. This worries me because acceptances were done by phone.

I declined my acceptance offer so I hope one of you gets taken off the waitlist and takes my spot spot. Good luck to all of you.

Has anyone who's still waiting tried calling the admissions office to see what's going on?

I called a week ago and they said we should know by Friday. But who knows at this point

I called a week ago and they said we should know by Friday. But who knows at this point

Maybe they'll make another round of calls tomorrow? But truthfully, that seems unrealistic if we're also supposed to be receiving letters by tomorrow/Saturday. Trying to stay hopeful, nonetheless.

I just feel like it would be so crappy of them to wait until the last day to just deny us:( i wish they would do denials first so you don't spend all of this time trying to have hope haha

I just feel like it would be so crappy of them to wait until the last day to just deny us:( i wish they would do denials first so you don't spend all of this time trying to have hope haha

Agreed. From what I understand, however, those who were accepted received phone calls days prior to receiving their acceptance letters. If that's the way they accept people and we're supposed to receive mail by tomorrow, I feel like that limits the possibilities... BUT we can still remain hopeful :)

I received a call and then my acceptance letter April 12th. I am considering declining as a resident of NYC. Is anyone else from New York accepting? I am trying to figure out if the travel is worth it. Although i am still waiting to hear from NYU's waitlist. I hear there is an express 30 minute train to seton hall 4 times a day. Anyone know anything about this?

I was recently accepted off the waitlist. Don't lose hope!

Goodluck

Last edited:
How did they notify you when you were accepted off the waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was accepted off the waitlist last week . I'll be declining the offer . Don't lose hope guys !