Secondary Topic: Anything You'd like to add and Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djtallahassee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any value of talking suboptimal grades? There is nothing particularly interesting about my ~3.3 except it was in engineering and I took a ton of courses/credits. It is consistent with no big upward trend. I'm wondering if it's even worth bringing up as grades are a weak point in the app.

I could spin it as not being engaged in physical chemistry but post college taking a foreign learning class and now am an advanced speaker. No post bacc so I can't prove true academic success other than a decent MCAT.

An alternative topic could be why I went to work different industry and not medicine. I didn't touch much on the why the PS as I wanted it to be positive. I think this could be interesting as well.

What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Do your best not to draw attention to suboptimal grades. However, if a student had, say, 4.0s nonstop, then one semester of a 2.0, then back to 4.0, that's what Medical Schools want to know about in the "anything you'd like to add about grades" prompt. In your case, no UW trend and its very consistent, so the grades aren't going to surprise adcom; they will see it as a 3.3 with an engineering degree and proceed.

Reactions: 1 user