Secondary Perfectionists Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DBC03

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd start a thread dedicated to those of us who are taking our secondaries perhaps a little too seriously and who are at that point where maybe we should actually start copying and pasting our essays in and hitting complete.

But before I do that ... let me edit that one essay just one more time.

*Special thanks to those of you who have offered to read and edit a few of mine. I know they are infinitely better thanks to you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm about halfway through my secondaries and think that the bigger problem is that I don't feel inspired to write them anymore! I worry that my responses sound too canned, especially for the "why this school" essays. I just want schools to like me :arghh:

In any case, I think getting off SDN would be good for my mental health (shocker, I know :p) I'm not sure that it's in my best interest to know exactly when others get II and wondering if they've passed over me.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And admitting that there are things beyond our control. Then breathe in, breathe out and start all over again. Lol

Reactions: 1 user
Do people ever not turn in all the secondaries they receive?

I imagine so. Many schools will list the numbers of primary applications then secondary applications. Even at schools that send secondaries to everyone, the number of secondaries received is lower than primaries.

I never got to USC :(
Also they looked hard and not at all related to any of the other ones I did, so I didn't complete it. It's been 2+ months now, so I don't think it's worth it.

Just thought I'd start a thread dedicated to those of us who are taking our secondaries perhaps a little too seriously and who are at that point where maybe we should actually start copying and pasting our essays in and hitting complete.

But before I do that ... let me edit that one essay just one more time.

*Special thanks to those of you who have offered to read and edit a few of mine. I know they are infinitely better thanks to you all!
Can totally relate. The only thing that's really helped is a deadline. "Good enough will have to be good enough cuz this **** is DUE"

Can totally relate. The only thing that's really helped is a deadline. "Good enough will have to be good enough cuz this **** is DUE"

Kinda wish every school had a deadline (2-4 weeks). But then you would have to stratify where and when you sent your primaries to so as to not drown in all of them.

gawd why am i LIKE THIS **still "crafting" my secondaries**

Hire an editor off of fiverr! Sure it's 5 dollar extra per secondary but it's SO worth it. I stand behind every secondary I wrote and I wrote over 40 of them. An editor will help you polish off your work and make it sound better than you ever will. Especially when you get tired and sloppy after a while. Also, there's nothing wrong with copy and paste. There's only a handful of ways I can tell you how ~*diverse*~ I am.

Reactions: 3 users