Secondary Application - Wait-listed years ago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ReapPremed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I interviewed at and was wait-listed at my state school some years ago right out of undergrad. I foolishly reapplied with some incremental changes (publications), thinking wait-list went I was 'almost' there but not quite. As you'd expect I did not get an interview.

And now I am reapplying again hopefully with other good things (new MCAT, volunteering, shadowing). I am not sure if I should really bring up my past application attempts or not in the secondary? Like say "So this is everything that has changed since I interviewed. I know I didn't make the cut last time but I think if you consider all that's happened since that interview..." and rattle off what changed and what I learned?

Is it better just not to draw attention to my previous failures and act like its a brand new, shiny application?

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I was thinking more about doing some kind of guide-posting. There's an "anything else" option on the secondary, and I heard directly that the dean wants to see changes between reapplications... Though I guess that's really tacit and they'll be looking for those anyway?