Second guessing my choices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TxDPT14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help everyone!! ;)

Hi! This is going to sound somewhat crazy and/or indecisive in every sense of the term but I'd like to ask you guys anyway. I'm currently in physical therapy school. I am making As and Bs but it just doesn't feel natural. I took an aptitude test a while ago and my strengths were more in the field of speech pathology. I've shadowed both, but I was never able to decide which one I liked better. I applied to both PT programs and a speech pathology program last year. I got into PT school and was not accepted to the speech program I applied to. So here I am in PT school haha. What do you guys think? Stick it out or should I reconsider what I'm doing?

How many speech path schools did you apply to? What classes have you taken for physical therapy? I know most of the kids at my school (I am at school for communication disorders) who want to be physical therapists basically have to take all of the pre-med requirements. Did you do well in those?

I think there is much more opportunity for growth and diversity in the communication disorders field, depending on how far you want to go. Where have you shadowed a speech path? In a hospital, a clinical setting, a school? The thought of working in a school makes me sick (which is why I am going for medicine) so you might want to look at the diverse type of work in the communication disorders field.

Last edited: