SDSU vs CSULB

filcal711

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone describe what each school is like (social/party scene, setting, etc.) I am not really a party person. Cost is not a problem, and I live in state. Which school has a better pre med program? I like both schools but I would like to know which one has more or better opportunities. Also, which school sends off more kids to medical school? If you have ANY information about either of these schools, that would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can someone describe what each school is like (social/party scene, setting, etc.) I am not really a party person. Cost is not a problem, and I live in state. Which school has a better pre med program? I like both schools but I would like to know which one has more or better opportunities. Also, which school sends off more kids to medical school? If you have ANY information about either of these schools, that would be great!

They are both CSU so compared to UC they do not have an upper hand with regards to their success rates in sending grads into medical school.

Imo, pick the school that is in closer proximity to academic/university medical centers and research institutions which will allow you to shadow, volunteer, and perform research in order to keep your application to medical school competitive.

Sdsu is notorious for being a party school. I do not know the scene of csu Long Beach. Sdsu is 10-15 minutes away from La Jolla where the strong research is happening.

As a pre med from CA, competition is fierce (probably the toughest state to be in as a pre Med). Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile