SDN WW ReneWWed Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SummerTheLynx

The Bioinformatics DVM student
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, and welcome to SDN. We know you will be excited by these forums which will help you, the everyday student, be able to connect with real life (and some fake life) clinicians and receive advice on getting into professional/graduate school and being successful once there.

We have a wide variety of forums to accommodate a wide range of interests. On your right is the high school forum, where you will find your future gunners/wolves. On your left is pre-allo, if you must dive into this forum, then remember to wear your fire ******ant PPE. Straight ahead is pre-vet, which is filled to the brim with good will, sarcasm, and merriment. Oh and wolves, definitely wolves.

Oh, don't worry about the wolves. There are many of them scattered throughout the forum. They generally will do you no harm, unless you give them reasons to do so.

A gunner 1st year undergraduate raised their hand. "What's that locked room that we just passed?"

Ah yes, the locked room. Well, how about we give you a month to get settled in, and then we can give you the key to that lock. There is a reason it is locked.... It can be ummm.... Dangerous for the less experienced user to enter.

Oh and one last thing, if you ever get invited to the SDN chat room, it is 100% NOT sanctioned by this website, and we are not responsible for any contents held within. To be on the safe side, we highly recommend not engaging in this chat, as unexpected things may occur there.

Well, on your way, time to start asking what your chances are, what books you will need, what housing to look for, and more! And of course, to meet your future colleagues and classmates!

Lee walked off, shaking his head in amusement. They had no clue what they were in for.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the SDN WW Redux game. In case you are oblivious and didn't read the sign ups thread, this is a game where, the roles are SDN users, some of which are legends, others of which are fairly new to the forums. All roles are players of WW or have played a fair number of WW games at some point.

The rules for this game are important and as usual, I will give you advice for the game at the beginning. Feel free to heed it, or completely ignore me.

I want everyone to look at where they are on the roster. Now I want you to look down within your group and up within your group. If you are surrounded by only 1 person ( you are on an end of a group) that's your only PM buddy. If you are surrounded by 2 people, then you are able to pm both of them. If the person above/below you dies, and there is another person above/below that person within your group, you can now pm that person. Other than this, unless you receive explicit instructions, there is no other pming in this game.

In terms of editing, I am known for being lax on this. Fix your typos. If you want to be ballsy and pull a fake rojo (or fix a real Rojo) or anything of the sort, that's fine too. You should however avoid modifying content in your posts whenever possible and NEVER edit/change a lynch vote.

Some, but not all of you have suggestions on how to act like your role on the thread. You may follow the recommendations or you may not. If everyone acts like their character, it would be fairly entertaining. Some of you may now be saying, "Well, wouldn't we be able to surmise their role and whether they are a wolf or villager based on this." Naturally, I did not make it that intuitive, otherwise I wouldn't be encouraging this, now would I? Aka, if you rely on role names, or even role abilities, alone, you will find that you are less than successful in finding wolves. RELY ON YOUR ANALYTICAL SKILLS, not on game mechanics. Oh, and there are like 5 or 6 different versions of how I wrote my pms, and interspersed them with wolves and villagers, so using village code will not be a fortuitous move.

Other than the above, this game is serious business. If I am inviting lounge players into a pre-vet game, i am holding game play at a bit of a higher tier. Thus, if I am seeing consistent inactivity from you, you are not getting a warning, you are simply getting replaced. The key word is consistent. Missing a lynch or a night action happens. Don't make it a habit.

hSDN: “Hi all, I am in 9th grade, and am worried that my B+ in English is going to hold me back, and I only have 300 hours of shadowing. Should I give up at this point?”
1. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo
2. @PrincessButterCup
3. @DVMDream
4. @Jilary

Pre-Vet: “Secretly a subforum of Mafia Universe”
5. @nyanko
6. @Trilt
7. @Filly Bay
8. @Kam325

Pre-Allo: “The place where you go if you want to experience the inner circle of….”
9. @kcoughli
10. @PippyPony
11. @Mad Jack
12. @StartingoverVet

Veterinary: “The place where vets ignore in favor of posting in pre-vet.”
13. @Coopah
14. @SARdoghandler
15. @SnowshoeDog143
16. @LadyOtheFarm

Spouses and Partners: “A place for those that have to put up with the likes of us”
17. @genny
18. @Fireman
19. @nohika
20. @Haxx

Sociopolitical issues: “Because SDN didn’t have enough drama already.”
21. @cdoconn
22. @Animal Midwife
23. @ddstothecor
24. @Teepster87

The Lounge: “A place designed for all forms of debauchery, since professional students need an outlet.”
25. @dpmd
26. @DocEspana
27. @Ceke2002
28. @that redhead

IRC Chat: “Whatever you do, don’t click on that picture DocE just sent…”
29. @Therapist4Chnge
30. @smplyvanillasoy

The game has still not begun. Roles are about to be sent out. An announcement will be sent out once the game has started. The announcement will describe how the game starts. Once Dubz has posted on this thread, you may post, but remember, game does not start until the announcement comes. Expect 2 hours or so from now.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
okay table of contents posted. So i can post now right???

let the games begin
4qw3RoV.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
1. STL I demand that you replace "fake Rojo" with the proper terminology of "Fauxjo" as was decided a few games ago.

2. @cdoconn needs to get moved to hSDN stat where she belongs ;). Eggs can't be in SPF

Lynch the American education system

For failing to educate stl on the proper use of where and wear not once but twice in the second paragraph

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
TIL Spouses and Partners forum exists.

Reactions: 8 users
I still feel so out of the loop for not knowing where "egg" came from...

Reactions: 1 user
If you did not receive a role, we hate you and don't care about you, so go away (or you should maybe send out a pm, because we think all the roles are out). Game starting shortly.

tl;dr version is she has a baby face and was younger than dubz who is 12 or 13 so cdo was 9 and then fought it, became 6 years old, then fought that, became 6 months, fought that, became a fetus, fought that, became a zygote, fought that, became just an egg and then was like "Am I at least a cool egg and not something like a quail egg??" So she's a quail egg, officially.

If today starts on a day round
lynch whomever has my role

I am not to be trusted and am probably the chaos role. Which, honestly, is really a great honor and im just glad we all get to work together to take me down. But "person posing as me" not me-me.

<waits to see if mods accidentally give away who has my role>

edit: yes im aware the game hasnt started yet. If you cant figure out where my humor lies and where my normal DocE anger begins, you're gonna have a bad time!

Clueless also. It's been a long time - I almost forgot how all this works. What is this WW y'all speak of?

<waits to see if mods accidentally give away who has my role>
Lots of identity crises are being experienced on all levels.

Reactions: 2 users
THE GAME HAS BEGUN

Like all misguided games, this will start on a mayor vote for two reasons. 1) Allow everyone time to check in and 2) Because I am wholly not a fan of mayor votes, so I am sure whoever wins the mayor vote will receive a " great honor"

Day 1 mayor vote begins now. It will end at the time that Dubz will determine fairly shortly @WildZoo

Reactions: 1 users
Elect KAM

Ride back in in style.

Reactions: 1 user
lets see.... so far we have the PM game mechanic JDH and I created for arcanum. And the open warning that being the mayor was not a good thing that we had in arcanum. I wonder what happened in that game?

<reads his old game>

Oh we f***ing crashed a blimp on them.

Yeah. I dont really want to be mayor. I appreciate anyone who puts that faith in me. Super awesome guys! Thanks! but... ill pass.

@SummerTheLynx
@WildZoo

as a clarification, but I think I'm right, we should *not* make a group with both of our potential PM partners as this connects two people who shouldnt be talking (the person above and below me), but rather, make two chats. One for each person Im allowed to talk to.

Reactions: 1 users
@SummerTheLynx
@WildZoo

as a clarification, but I think I'm right, we should *not* make a group with both of our potential PM partners as this connects two people who shouldnt be talking (the person above and below me), but rather, make two chats. One for each person Im allowed to talk to.
This is correct

Elect DocEspana because as usual his first action in the game is to draw confusion by pretending to not want a role which is vital to the success of the game. He knows he wants to be mayor, however, if he tries too hard, it will be way to obvious to everyone that his ultimate goal is to be the mayor - and thus win the game. First and foremost, DocE wants to win so I don't believe his subterfuge about holding such a lofty position in the game.

Reactions: 3 users
Damn kids don't understand how dibs works. If that blimp DocE was talking about exists just drop it on me now