MCAT SDN 2016 TEST PREP WEEK & EXAMKRACKERS MCAT PREP - WELCOME!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Southeast EK

Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Examkrackers MCAT Prep is THRILLED to be a part of Test Prep Week again with SDN and we welcome you to our little section of the Forum Pages!

Please feel free to post/respond/ask any questions that you may have about EK and our AMAZING MCAT Prep on ANY of the Forum Posts. We are monitoring ALL of the current (2016) posts and will be happy to answer any and all questions that you may have as a dedicated Pre Med!

1526153_624757797560124_1530506933_n.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I just got the EK books to do my content review (9th edition). But I just saw your website that there is a a new edition coming out. Could you tell me or at least direct me to a page that explains that difference between the two editions? I am planning on taking the exam in August, and the new ones are coming out in May.

Hey,

I just got the EK books to do my content review (9th edition). But I just saw your website that there is a a new edition coming out. Could you tell me or at least direct me to a page that explains that difference between the two editions? I am planning on taking the exam in August, and the new ones are coming out in May.
As a basic description - here are the differences. While the 9th edition can still prepare you, if you have the opportunity to return them and wait for the 10th, I would suggest that (Since you are not testing until Aug) :

The basic differences between the 9th and 10th Editions:

1.The 10th Ed. will have correction of errors that were found in the 9th Ed. Books.
We have an errata section on our website (in the forums) that will give you the majority of these corrections as well, it is just more time consuming to correct them yourself.

2.AAMC updates in content that were added to the new MCAT after the 9th Ed. was published.
There is also a section on the website (in the forum) that will list these topics for you. However, they are only listed for further study - not explained. The 10th edition manuals will, of course, review these topics in the same was we review ALL topics covered on the MCAT and in our manuals.

3.The 10th Ed. has 33 additional passages and the proportion of the questions and passages are now a better match for the new MCAT.
The 10th edition will be our first editing of the NEW MCAT materials. So we have some slight adjustments that have been made based on our research and review of the new exam since it has been released and now in use.

4.Text in the 10th Ed. is enhanced with additional help in content and MCAT advice.
Again - this is overall betterment of the books and their delivery of the material based on the ongoing research and work that we do to ensure our books are preparing you for the MCAT in the most comprehensive way possible!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any chance that the 10th edition books will be sent out earlier? I have a Sept. 10th test date and am looking to get started studying as soon as possible. Definitely a consideration for me before I purchase the 10th edition, although it seems like there are many adjustments that were made.

From what it seems like is that there are not as of yet any audio osmosis for the new material you guys have published. Would it be useful or not to use audio osmosis from previous years before the new mcat?

Any chance that the 10th edition books will be sent out earlier? I have a Sept. 10th test date and am looking to get started studying as soon as possible. Definitely a consideration for me before I purchase the 10th edition, although it seems like there are many adjustments that were made.
You can always call our Main Office to double check, but my understanding is that if you complete a pre-order through Examkrackers.com they are being shipped as soon as they hit our warehouse from the publisher - hot off the presses! Our Main Office phone number is 888-KRACKEM (888-572-2536)

From what it seems like is that there are not as of yet any audio osmosis for the new material you guys have published. Would it be useful or not to use audio osmosis from previous years before the new mcat?
Audio Osmosis has NOT been updated yet for the current MCAT. Therefore, while it is still an awesome study tool, we do suggest using it with caution if studying for the current MCAT. If you do use it, keep in mind that it should be considered CONTENT review at this point and not MCAT Review. With it's focus on the old MCAT -it is lacking in some departments and it does not address the integration of Biological Sciences and Research Skills through out the exam. Also keep in mind, for some of the subjects (example Physics) there is MORE content on Audio Osmosis than you need for the current MCAT. Just a few key things to keep in mind! (BTW - these statements also apply to our 1001 Book series - until the new editions are released)

hey guys, could anyone comment on which of the 1001 series aside from the verbal are still relevant to the new MCAT exam?

hey guys, could anyone comment on which of the 1001 series aside from the verbal are still relevant to the new MCAT exam?

They are all still relevant for drilling science knowledge but are missing topics now covered on the current MCAT.
Primarily the Physics (and a bit of Chem.) has topics cut.

Also noteworthy: They do not include research style questions which require mastery to score well on the current MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
They are all still relevant for drilling science knowledge but are missing topics now covered on the current MCAT.
Primarily the Physics (and a bit of Chem.) has topics cut.

Also noteworthy: They do not include research style questions which require mastery to score well on the current MCAT.

Could you tell me the year for all of the lastest editions for EK1001 books? Is there an edition after 2006? I am looking to buy used books but I am not sure which ones are the most recent.

Are you planning on releasing new 1001 books?