Scoping out primary care climate in different areas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FrustratedFamDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to check out the job market in different parts of the country doing what we do short of actually getting in touch with a recruiter? Eventually, I'd like to divorce cold weather from my life as the older I get, the increasingly intolerant I am of the cold, dark, cloudy, muddy, wet and dead time of year we call winter in NW Georgia.

Members don't see this ad.

What is the best way to check out the job market in different parts of the country doing what we do short of actually getting in touch with a recruiter? Eventually, I'd like to divorce cold weather from my life as the older I get, the increasingly intolerant I am of the cold, dark, cloudy, muddy, wet and dead time of year we call winter in NW Georgia.

If you're trying to escape the cold and gloom of NW Georgia, I'd suggest checking out Maine. It's wonderful here, never gets cold, dreary, or wet at all ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Work there. Oh, wait... :)

Lol, was afraid of that.

If you're trying to escape the cold and gloom of NW Georgia, I'd suggest checking out Maine. It's wonderful here, never gets cold, dreary, or wet at all ;)

See, at least it STAYS cold up there. I'm all about some skiing and ice fishing. This is the land of false hopes. You'll have a really nice day or 2 to get your hopes up, then you don't see the sun for a week .

Southwest Florida looking better and better these days.

Lol, was afraid of that.

See, at least it STAYS cold up there. I'm all about some skiing and ice fishing. This is the land of false hopes. You'll have a really nice day or 2 to get your hopes up, then you don't see the sun for a week .

Southwest Florida looking better and better these days.

The market in southwest Florida (and I'm assuming that you mean Naples/Sarasota) is good. I can tell you that from personal experience (practiced in Gulf Coast Florida for 4 years; still have friends there). If you are truly interested in Florida, send me a PM and I can tell you more info.

I'll advocate for the southwest if you don't mind the desert and want a region that is very FM friendly and easily allows for broader spectrum practice. Winters are mild and dry heat beats humidity in my opinion. Jobs are abundant virtually throughout the reason and you don't have the malpractice cost issues that come with some of the southern (southeastern) states.

Check out Texas...sunny, beaches near by, and friendly :)

Georgia is cold??? Dang.......

Primary care sucks everywhere. Just pick the place with the hottest chicks, the best weather, and affordable housing.