School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saintmarx

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a good list but add some more"safety" schools since many of the schools you are applying to are very competitive. Consider
Georgetown
GW
NYMC
Jefferson

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks fine, but you're going to want a bigger mid-tier base. Schools to consider include Ohio State, Rochester, SLU, USC-Keck, Case Western, and perhaps throw Pitt in there. I wouldn't necessarily bother with NYMC and friends.

If you're going to remove a school, Dartmouth is first on the chopping block, but it's not necessary if you don't want to.

@WedgeDawg

The adcoms on this forum have very prominently discouraged clinical volunteerism abroad. Does this go the same for non-clinical volunteerism? I'm asking for OP since he has 200 hours abroad.

Is is possible that some of these could yield protect and thus be low-yield since my MCAT is >90% (NYMC, GW)?
Your MCAT is high but your sGPA is in the range for these schools. Your sGPA is also on the lower end for many of the schools on your original list and most of them are very competitive.