Scholl versus Kent State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atorigs18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble deciding one which school is the best fit for me. The differences I am considering are;
1. semester vs quarters
2. interprofession and pure podiatry
3. clerkships
4. is the cleveland clinic really THAT important to look at?

thank you for any tips about what school I should choose! I am 22 years old coming just out of undergrad from a very large university if that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

I am having trouble deciding one which school is the best fit for me. The differences I am considering are;
1. semester vs quarters
2. interprofession and pure podiatry
3. clerkships
4. is the cleveland clinic really THAT important to look at?

thank you for any tips about what school I should choose! I am 22 years old coming just out of undergrad from a very large university if that helps.

What really matters to you? Where do you want to live for 4 years?

I found Scholl very research orientated and they had nice facilities while being in a low key suburban area.

Kent was a larger clinic and surrounded by hotels and podiatry focused.

Ultimately your decision. Can't go wrong with either. Good luck!

Hi, I haven't visited Scholl so I can't say which school would be a better fit for you but I attend KSUCPM and I've got a thread going where I've answered questions from prospective students, it might give you a better idea of what the school is like. You're also welcome to ask me any questions about it. Have you visited both schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I haven't visited Scholl so I can't say which school would be a better fit for you but I attend KSUCPM and I've got a thread going where I've answered questions from prospective students, it might give you a better idea of what the school is like. You're also welcome to ask me any questions about it. Have you visited both schools?
I have visited both schools and have been offered admissions at both. I loved both of them and that is why I am in the spot I am. Deep down in my heart I feel Scholl, but I felt that Kent State focusing a lot on podiatry and being podiatry driven would be better, but I have heard from others (students and doctors) you really cannot go wrong with either.

What really matters to you? Where do you want to live for 4 years?

I found Scholl very research orientated and they had nice facilities while being in a low key suburban area.

Kent was a larger clinic and surrounded by hotels and podiatry focused.

Ultimately your decision. Can't go wrong with either. Good luck!
great info! thank you

I have visited both schools and have been offered admissions at both. I loved both of them and that is why I am in the spot I am. Deep down in my heart I feel Scholl, but I felt that Kent State focusing a lot on podiatry and being podiatry driven would be better, but I have heard from others (students and doctors) you really cannot go wrong with either.
Congrats on your acceptances! I would agree that you probably can't go wrong with either. I would advise you to consider which school you think that you could be happy in, which location you think you would enjoy living in most, and which of the two you could really see yourself at. All of the schools have their pros and cons and all of the schools are good schools. Don't worry about making a wrong choice because there is no wrong choice.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on your acceptances! I would agree that you probably can't go wrong with either. I would advise you to consider which school you think that you could be happy in, which location you think you would enjoy living in most, and which of the two you could really see yourself at. All of the schools have their pros and cons and all of the schools are good schools. Don't worry about making a wrong choice because there is no wrong choice.
thank you that helps a lot! I will decide on where I see my self living due to the assumption that the education is great and both schools. Have a good one!

I didn't interview at Scholl because I had no desire to be anywhere close to Chicago.

I did interview at Kent. I was extremely impressed with Kent State. Everyone was extremely friendly and the association with the cleavland clinic is huge. The staff was super friendly, and the research they are doing into gel inserts for athletes seems really cool and applicable.

Also, while I detested Cleavland, I really like independence, OH. Was a really great little city.

I interviewed and was accepted to Kent, Scholl, and Barry. I was offered interviews at temple, Arizona, and both California schools. I turned them down. Kent was my first interview and I loved it. Then went to Barry- wasn't impressed. Then I interviewed at scholl and found myself comparing scholl to Kent. Ultimately I chose Kent. I liked that it was only podiatry students, it's at a campus by itself, and the people just seemed genuinely more friendly. Both schools are phenomenal and you really can't go wrong. I felt like Kent fit my personality better- I'm from a small town in the south. Good luck to you ;)