Scholarship negotiation help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HealthHare

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I am a URM currently at a top 20 school. Back when I was applying, I remember being really stressed out about how to get scholarships and the negotiation process. Through some maneuvering, I was able to turn a small scholarship from a low-ranked school into a six-figure sum at my current top 20. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on how to go about the negotiation process. No guarantees, but my advice may be of some value to you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for posting this, I can't use it now, but I am sure it will definitely be useful for me in the upcoming cycle.

Great thread, will definitely PM if I am lucky enough to be in that position!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all!

I am a URM currently at a top 20 school. Back when I was applying, I remember being really stressed out about how to get scholarships and the negotiation process. Through some maneuvering, I was able to turn a small scholarship from a low-ranked school into a six-figure sum at my current top 20. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on how to go about the negotiation process. No guarantees, but my advice may be of some value to you.

Will definitely keep you in mind. Thanks! Love the BSG shout-out!

PSA:
Everyone attending 2nd looks this month, ABSOLUTELY meet with admissions officials and request scholarship money!!! I did this and I believe this is what ultimately netted me my big scholarship. Don't be afraid to show your face!! You are a hot free-agent that everyone wants. Know your worth and NEGOTIATE!!!

Reactions: 1 user