Scars & OSCE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnonymousMedic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hiya,

Was looking for some advice and couldn't find a thread about this. I have a friend who has cuts and scars on their forearm and has their OSCE coming up; they're prominent and a lot of fresh marks which can't really be characterised as something else (i.e. using an excuse won't really work). They've never spoken to anyone about it and they're worried due to the bare below the elbows policy. Make-up won't cover it fully, particularly not the fresher ones. They're worried about being forced to defer a year or being kicked out, and mental health concerns, etc. Any advice please?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there!
I had a friend that had some sort of skin issue on her hands the week of her OSCEs, and the exam board were quite understanding about her not using the gel and things like that. If it isn't a medical issue though, you could try talking to your tutor/supervisor about it? From what I've seen they've been quite helpful.
Hope that helps!