USMLE/COMLEX Save 30% NOW to boost your Step 1 score!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ELS Marketer

Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Save 30% NOW to boost your Step 1 score!

USMLE Consult Step 1 Question Bank
2,500+ questions with instant results at a low price with high-yield remediation from trusted Elsevier content. Each purchase includes FREE Scorrelator™

TRY IT TODAY! Activate discount code TPW09S130 to save 30% at checkout on all USMLE Consult Step 1 products and subscription lengths. Buy now and activate your PIN within the next 6 months!

USMLE Consult is MAC-compatible!
USMLE Consult Step 1 Question Bank's Outstanding Features:
.o.Simulate the latest USMLE™ exam interface – choose from current or NEW! FRED V2
.o.Choose between test modes – practice (untimed with answers and explanations as you go) and timed (with answers and explanations at the end)
.o.View High-yield Hits (bonus remediation content) from Elsevier textbooks and other premier products
.o.Pick a random mix of questions or select by discipline or organ system
.o.Customize tests with new questions, previously incorrect questions, or a mix of both
.o.Analyze your performance for each test or cumulatively over time, track your progress, pinpoint right and wrong answers by Discipline and Organ System, and compare your scores to others'
Learn more about USMLE Consult Step 1 products.
http://www.studentconsult.com/usmle/about/default.cfm#step1

Check the forum throughout the week to find out how you can take a test drive…then come back and tell us what you think!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Elsevier's USMLE Consult will be giving away one free subscription to USMLE Consult Step 1 Question Bank to one lucky member. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

how is this any better than u world? do u quote first aid pages like in qbank kaplan?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Our remediation program (high-yield hits) quote from Elsevier sources, like Goljan, Brouchert, Costanza, Cecil, and Nelson.

I am the Product Manager for USMLE Consult. I worked for NBME for several years as a question writer. I tried USMLE World and I think our questions are better (format and content). We have excellent customer service. Our prices are reasonable. It's a great product with Elsevier standing behind it.

hi

i was wondering what your scorelator is based upon, as your questions/question bank seems to be relatively new.

thanks

hi

i was wondering what your scorelator is based upon, as your questions/question bank seems to be relatively new.

thanks

Hi,

USMLE Consult is now 3 years old.

This is LONG, but a good explanation of our methods:

For each of the Steps or Levels of the USMLE exams we recruited a cohort of between 50-100 students from a broad geographical area and from a wide variety of schools and programs.

Student were asked to prepare for their USMLE/COMLEX exam as normal and were given 1-month access to the appropriate Score Correlator and Question Bank.

Participants were asked to take the 3-hour Score Correlator test in one sitting, under simulated exam conditions, during the 2-week period leading up to their scheduled test date.

Score Correlator test results were collected.

After students had taken their actual USMLE exam they submitted a copy of their Board report showing their 3-digit score.

Participants’ results were collated and the 3-digit USMLE scores were plotted against their Score Correlator test results and a curve was drawn.

Because the Score Correlator uses the 3-digit score, rather than the actual percentages achieved, non-parametric statistics were used to analyze the results.

The strength of the correlation between the Score Correlator performance and the actual 3-digit scores achieved was assessed using the Spearman Rank Correlation Coefficient, rs

The statistical significance (the p-value) of the correlation was assessed using the Wilcoxon Signed-ranks Test

does the exam interface (fred v. 1/v.2) run as independent software or is it web based?

If it must be installed, is there a login that would allow a download of the software from a different computer if I'm studying at school?

does the exam interface (fred v. 1/v.2) run as independent software or is it web based?

If it must be installed, is there a login that would allow a download of the software from a different computer if I'm studying at school?

It's a web-based application.

Is there an option of somehow organizing the questions into separate tests so as to simulate actual tests (in terms of combination of easy, moderate, difficult) if one does not care to go through questions individually or in small clusters?

Is there an option of somehow organizing the questions into separate tests so as to simulate actual tests (in terms of combination of easy, moderate, difficult) if one does not care to go through questions individually or in small clusters?

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean. You can create as many exams as you want to, but the number of questions cannot exceed 50 per exam. Our questions are not separated into easy, moderate, or difficult. (We are in the midst of a refresh and we are replacing the questions that are too easy.)

I apologize, I have a feeling I did not answer your questions.

Hi,

USMLE Consult is now 3 years old.

This is LONG, but a good explanation of our methods:

For each of the Steps or Levels of the USMLE exams we recruited a cohort of between 50-100 students from a broad geographical area and from a wide variety of schools and programs.

Student were asked to prepare for their USMLE/COMLEX exam as normal and were given 1-month access to the appropriate Score Correlator and Question Bank.

Participants were asked to take the 3-hour Score Correlator test in one sitting, under simulated exam conditions, during the 2-week period leading up to their scheduled test date.

Score Correlator test results were collected.

After students had taken their actual USMLE exam they submitted a copy of their Board report showing their 3-digit score.

Participants’ results were collated and the 3-digit USMLE scores were plotted against their Score Correlator test results and a curve was drawn.

Because the Score Correlator uses the 3-digit score, rather than the actual percentages achieved, non-parametric statistics were used to analyze the results.

The strength of the correlation between the Score Correlator performance and the actual 3-digit scores achieved was assessed using the Spearman Rank Correlation Coefficient, rs

The statistical significance (the p-value) of the correlation was assessed using the Wilcoxon Signed-ranks Test

Status
Not open for further replies.