satisfaction with neurology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drworm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/heal...s-obamacare-students-rewarded-specialization/

I'm not a big fan of these surveys, because I feel like they devalue the importance of individual happiness with any given specialty and I've noticed that the satisfaction scores tend to vary a lot between the surveys. But just wanted to note... Neurologists here have the highest satisfaction with their particular specialty :)

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for this. I found it to be an interesting rundown. Good to know neurologists have satisfaction despite not making quite as much as orthopods. The reason is obviously multifactorial, but would posit being a neurologist is a good fit for people going into it. We choose it despite not making as much money as other medical specialties, so expectations have a lot to do with it.

I feel pretty satisfied, but I recently filled out a survey after spending a few days on call, then working on a day off, then took the survey and was surprised that I was answering the questions negatively. So in general I don't think these surveys are that accurate. And that's why they change year by year.

Wow, I thought they all just sat around feeling bad about themselves because they could diagnose but not treat anything! And they all wear bowties and everyone makes fun of them! And MRIs made their field superfluous...

Maybe there is something to this "neurology" after all.

upload_2016-1-31_17-11-12.png

Reactions: 4 users