SAT or ACT scores?

dentalislife237

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think is the lowest sat or act score needed to be successful in premed coursework? I am hoping it is a 29 or 1350 :/

Members don't see this ad.

A standardized test isn't going to predict your success in college.

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
What do you think is the lowest sat or act score needed to be successful in premed coursework? I am hoping it is a 29 or 1350 :/
I got a 1610, but I don't think it matters too much.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
A standardized test isn't going to predict your success in college.
statistically the SAT does predict success in college, but it's up to the individual to evaluate how much they need to study

Reactions: 1 user
statistically the SAT does predict success in college, but it's up to the individual to evaluate how much they need to study
Well that's a depressing thought...

• Sad
Do you think a 29 is high enough to have the aptitude to perform well in premed courses?? I am probably going to attend a small liberal arts college by the way, not a selective uni, so I wont be competing much with other students.

Do you think a 29 is high enough to have the aptitude to perform well in premed courses?? I am probably going to attend a small liberal arts college by the way, not a selective uni, so I wont be competing much with other students.

yes a 29 is generally a good score, as is a 1350, and if you say you are not going to a selective college you could probably be on top of the curve for good grades

Last edited:
I got a 29 on my ACT and am in the top 10% of my class. Don't let a number define you.

Reactions: 1 users
I was the biggest Idiot in my HS the first two years. Just was immature and had fun so I C's and B's. Graduated with a 3.6 from HS and got into a 4 year. Got 1800 on SAT. Now Im going to graduate Uni with a 3.9. High school means nothing. If you do work in college you will be fine as a pre med. Go in with the right mentality and you'll be fine.

Goodluck

Reactions: 2 users
Also, I attend a small lib arts college. We have a decent science program. But don't let it fool you, these can be pretty competitive. Everyone and their mother was pre med here during freshman year, i'd say about 100 students. Most ditched that bc they were getting 2.8s and knew it wasn't realistic. Now its just me and someone else applying from my school this cycle..

Completely agree. High school standardized tests are bull****. Obviously there are correlations, but take it all with a grain of salt. Performance in college is completely dependent on the student.

I got a 34 on the ACT (99th percentile)(Class of 2014), and I got a 3.18 GPA after my first semester of college (lol).

My university is okay, but its definitely not the toughest out there; I think it was rank 95-ish? according to U.S. News. It just took a while for me to develop the correct work ethic and study habits to handle college curriculum.

I want to attend depaul university in chicago.
A 29 ACT would put you in the upper quartile there, I wouldn't worry about this at all

If I maintain a 3.5 the first year, i get an acceptence to rosalind franklin medical school.
What?? Do you have a link to a page describing this? Are you saying you hope to be admitted to a BS/MD program?

People with 30+ drop out and people with 20 get PhDs. College is completely different from HS.

Couldn't help but chime in here...

I got 21's on my ACT (took it twice), and an 1190 on my SAT in high school.

Graduated magna cum laude in a pre-med track at a large public university.

Success in undergrad and beyond isn't determined by test scores; guts and a gritty mental attitude do.

Wanted to chime in as well: 28 on ACT, I forgot my highschool GPA but I remember I got a D in precalculus, kicked it into high gear in college and finished with a 3.89 and a 34 on the old MCAT, and am doing very well in medical school. Take it one day at a time and do your best, use the numbers as indicators of what you can improve on but like @bengirlxD said, don't let it define you!

You'll be fine. Just learn how to study and make friends in your classes to study with

Last edited: