San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, let's keep the board open. I am sure there will be some interest among members of this esteemed board. I am also certain some of the regulars here would be happy to discuss whatever issues over drinks, just as they are discussed here. I am flying in tomorrow afternoon and will be staying at the Hilton Bayfront. Will keep an eye on the board.

PMMD

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, let's keep the board open. I am sure there will be some interest among members of this esteemed board. I am also certain some of the regulars here would be happy to discuss whatever issues over drinks, just as they are discussed here. I am flying in tomorrow afternoon and will be staying at the Hilton Bayfront. Will keep an eye on the board.

PMMD

I am in!!!

Name the place and time, I'll be there. I have no idea what venue would be best for an SDN meetup.

Bunch of SDN dorks yucking it up in San Diego? No thanks......I am definitely OUT!

Last edited:
Bunch of SDN dorks yucking it up in San Fran? No thanks......I am definitely OUT!

Well in San Fran you'd be in the wrong city so you would definitely be out. Had a blast last year meeting SDNers in New Orleans...nothing dorky about it, especially with MilitaryMD buying all the drinks.

Speaking of San Diego, anyone word on UCSD invites?
Anyone know what their ideal candidate is (board scores etc)? / how desired is the program by applicants?

bummer we didn't get together.

I had a great time though - at the Shout! House, at that bar on top of the Hilton, at the Hard Rock Hotel bars (those are neato), and some karaoke bar somewhere up north.

Where were you guys?

Does the ASA really need to EVER be held in a city other than San Diego? (As a disclaimer I live thousands of miles away). Great city, great location in the city, usually great weather (yeah there was overcast. compare that say to the risk of lows in the 30s in Chicago). Other future cities include Orlando (Disney World; woopee), New Orleans (pack a gun), and San Francisco (I have no problem with their lifestyle; it's just not my lifestyle).

So to the ASA, please scrap all plans for the convention to be held anywhere else other than San Diego.

I agree, San Diego was perfect and it was an extremely convenient meeting location. The conference center is a very short distance from the airport and the area is surrounded by plenty of nice hotels and restaurants. The weather was great too.

Even though Chicago is only a 6-7 hour drive for me, I'd still rather go to San Diego just for the convenience, affordability, and better odds of decent weather.

I agree, San Diego was perfect and it was an extremely convenient meeting location. The conference center is a very short distance from the airport and the area is surrounded by plenty of nice hotels and restaurants. The weather was great too.

Even though Chicago is only a 6-7 hour drive for me, I'd still rather go to San Diego just for the convenience, affordability, and better odds of decent weather.

If we get 100 or so supporters I'll make sure this thread makes it to the ASA.