San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m32b

m42b
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got back from San Diego and loved it!

Could see myself settling down there after finishing.

Anybody familiar with the market, level of saturation for anesthesiologists in that metro area, chances for those from the midwest...Is it true the entire metro area falls under the umbrella of one or two mega-groups.

Talked to a few attendings where i train and nobody seems to know much about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Good Luck. Seemed to be a difficult environment when I was looking. No jobs really stood out to me. Things could be very different now. I do however, get the impression that salaries are much less there than most other places which is supported by MGMA numbers. Things may be very different now with the economy. Maybe now you can afford a house on the crappy salary. I looked from far north (Eureka) to SF to San Diego about 8 yrs ago. Nothing stood out to me. Had a guy join our group 2 yrs ago who wanted out of Cali. He came to work here and left his family back in Cali to sell the house. He ended up returning to his old job b/c he couldn't sell the house in cali. Things seem to be rough there right now. But then again, its a buyers market. Just be ware.