Salus Waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ATP23

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just received a letter today from Salus that I have been waitlisted. I've been trying to find out if Salus does ranked or unranked wait lists and if there is anything I can do to strengthen my application to get off the wait list and be accepted. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I'm on the same page as you. When was your interview? From what I've heard I don't think it's ranked but then again I'm not sure.

Hey! I'm on the same page as you. When was your interview? From what I've heard I don't think it's ranked but then again I'm not sure.

So I finally got a response from them and have been waitlisted. I interviewed December 15th, what about you? And no they are not ranked, I can't decide if that is good or bad ha

Members don't see this ad :)
So I finally got a response from them and have been waitlisted. I interviewed December 15th, what about you? And no they are not ranked, I can't decide if that is good or bad ha

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah I have no idea if I should be worried or not about it not being ranked. But I actually just recently interviewed on Jan 3.
My stats were TS-300 and AA-300 and my gpa is around a 3.0 ( I know, not the highest). I hope we hear back soon, keep me updated and goodluck :)

Yeah I have no idea if I should be worried or not about it not being ranked. But I actually just recently interviewed on Jan 3.
My stats were TS-300 and AA-300 and my gpa is around a 3.0 ( I know, not the highest). I hope we hear back soon, keep me updated and goodluck :)

Good luck to you both! :)

Hey guys, I'm on the same boat. My interview was on 01/31 and I just received my waitlist letter. My stats were also the same as yours. Hoping for the best!! ;(

I believe there is a waitlist and a standby list. The people on standby would've been accepted, but all of the seats are already full, and I know there was no ranking for that. Not sure about the waitlist process. I would call Salus and ask them exactly what it means for you. I know of students that got accepted on the first day of orientation, so seats do open up later in the cycle.
Make sure if you have any changes to your application (newer OAT scores, new semester grades, shadowing experience) that you update it in OptomCas and then call Salus to notify them.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. Good luck to all of you!!

Reactions: 4 users
I believe there is a waitlist and a standby list. The people on standby would've been accepted, but all of the seats are already full, and I know there was no ranking for that. Not sure about the waitlist process. I would call Salus and ask them exactly what it means for you. I know of students that got accepted on the first day of orientation, so seats do open up later in the cycle.
Make sure if you have any changes to your application (newer OAT scores, new semester grades, shadowing experience) that you update it in OptomCas and then call Salus to notify them.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. Good luck to all of you!!
I was told I would know if I got in off the waitlist on March 15th. I'm assuming I could be either accepted then or put on the standby list?

I went to the admissions office and they said that they will be making all final decisions by the beginning of April. Hopefully you will find out soon then. They can't give any specifics on how the process works since each person's file is evaluated individually. If you have any detailed questions, they recommended that you call the admissions office directly.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I got the same response when I call the admissions office. Good luck to you all! :)

Yes, I got the same response when I call the admissions office. Good luck to you all! :)

Really? The last time I contacted them they specifically told me March 15th I would have an answer

I guess it depends on when they get to your file. Admissions told me by the beginning of April they will have finished making decisions on all applicant's files that are still awaiting a decision. Hang tight a few more weeks, and hope for the best!! Good luck to all of you that are still awaiting a decision, and I hope to see you all in the fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard back yet?

I just heard back from Salus today and I've been put on the Stand-by list. So, more waiting to see what happens, I guess :)

I just heard back from Salus today and I've been put on the Stand-by list. So, more waiting to see what happens, I guess :)
So does that mean all the seats are full?

Were you previously waitlisted? im so nervous now

Yes, I had been previously waitlisted.

In the e-mail Salus never explicitly said if all their seats are full or not at this time -- so maybe you will hear back with a favorable result.

Yes, I had been previously waitlisted.

In the e-mail Salus never explicitly said if all their seats are full or not at this time -- so maybe you will hear back with a favorable result.

I have yet to hear back. Did the email say if the standby list is ranked?

I interviewed February 23rd and haven't heard anything back either.

Last edited:
Were you previously waitlisted? im so nervous now
No, they didn't mention that the standby list was ranked. From their wording, it sounds like that if a spot opens up they will review all the files on the standby list again before contacting anyone.

I was verified in the beginning of the month and haven't heard anything back yet so I'm assuming my chances are very slim considering there's a standby list :/

They emailed me back saying all decisions will be made by end of next week hopefully for those who did not get responses yet. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
They emailed me back saying all decisions will be made by end of next week hopefully for those who did not get responses yet. Good luck to you all!
April 1st is their second and final matriculation payment deadline. I, along with everyone else who hasn't paid the second deposit, has to pay it by April 1st to secure my seat. If they have people not pay it, then seats will open up.

I interviewed on Oct 24th.
Thanks for letting me know. Anyone who is waiting for responses should call to make sure they get responses. They told me they sent me a letter March 10th and it was March 23rd and I still didn't get anything in the mail. They told me they were sending another one out just in case the first one got lost.

I emailed them asking about my status on the waitlist and they emailed me back saying nothing as changed and once it does they will contact me immediately..

Hey guys, I just received a letter today from Salus that I have been waitlisted. I've been trying to find out if Salus does ranked or unranked wait lists and if there is anything I can do to strengthen my application to get off the wait list and be accepted. Thanks!
have you heard anything back yet?

I got an email today saying I have been put on the stand-by list :/

Seats will likely open up, people are still interviewing and deciding where to go. Also I was placed on the stand-by list and accepted later the same day exactly a week ago from today, so the list is moving. You still have a chance! :)

Seats will likely open up, people are still interviewing and deciding where to go. Also I was placed on the stand-by list and accepted later the same day exactly a week ago from today, so the list is moving. You still have a chance! :)
Thank you so much ugh hope I get in!!

April 1st is their second and final matriculation payment deadline. I, along with everyone else who hasn't paid the second deposit, has to pay it by April 1st to secure my seat. If they have people not pay it, then seats will open up.

I still haven't heard anything from them and it's been a month, should I call to check in?

I still haven't heard anything from them and it's been a month, should I call to check in?

It's been past a month since my interview and I still haven't heard anything as well. I have sent e-mails and called but I haven't gotten any direct responses yet regarding the decision about my application. I decided not to get anxious about it and just not think about it. There's nothing else to do.

Last edited:
I received an e-mail today and said I was on standby list as well. Happy to have heard a reply. Now I am just praying that seats open up soon. Wish you luck to you all :)

I received an e-mail today and said I was on standby list as well. Happy to have heard a reply. Now I am just praying that seats open up soon. Wish you luck to you all :)

Awesome! Good luck to you as well :)

Usually when I call I have to leave my voicemail and then they never get back to me, you can try calling still but also send an email

Hey Guys,
Just curious, was sales the only school you applied to? or did you apply to more schools? just curious to know what other schools got back to you

Hey Guys,
Just curious, was sales the only school you applied to? or did you apply to more schools? just curious to know what other schools got back to you
I applied to NECO, NOVA, ICO, CCO, MCPHS, and Salus. I got into NECO and got an interview from ICO but declined it.

Hey Guys,
I applied to SALUS and to SUNNY. I got rejected at SUNNY and waitlisted at SALUS after the interview.

Does anyone know if Salus still hands out interviews after April?

Has anyone hear heard back from Salus yet?