Program-Specific Info / Q's Salus OT Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WannabeOT1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm reaching out to learn more about Salus University and their OT program! If there are any current students, alumni, or other future students who may be applying there, I'd love to hear from you! Thanks so much!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also applying there this cycle! I'm hoping to inquire more about their program as well; let me know if you hear anything.

Also wondering if anyone can provide insight into their interview process? Key points to mention/questions they may ask, etc

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys,

I'm currently a student at Salus University! If you guys have any questions about the application process, there is another thread on this website where others go pretty in depth about what the layout looks like. This may be a little more helpful than me, but I'll try!

A basic overview of the application process is that you get your OTCAS application verified and Salus will send you a confirmation when they have received it. If you don't hear back after a couple weeks from the time your application is verified, try calling the admissions office and ask if they have all your materials (this is important!). The earlier you apply, the better chance you have of getting an interview, so apply early as possible. They're rolling admissions and the class is typically filled by New Years so I would not recommend waiting to hear from other schools to then apply to Salus.

Once you get an email saying you've been invited for an interview, try your best to set the appointment date sooner rather than later because they only interview 8 people, once a week. Once at the interview, you get a program overview from the Director of our program, have your individual interview with a faculty member, tour the campus, eat, and the last thing is a meeting with an admission's counselor. The interview as a whole was pretty laid back and I had a great time when I was there!

If any of you have specific questions, feel free to ask me! I'm currently in school and have a bit of work to do, so if I don't get back to you right away I apologize.

I have an interview there at the end of the month! Looking forward to it :)

:)

Last edited:
I have an interview there at the end of the month! Looking forward to it :)
How did your interview go? I have an interview there this Tuesday and I'm pretty nervous, but also very excited!!! Salus is one of my top choices!

does anyone mind sharing how their interview went? is it more person-based, with questions about your history and personal background? should we know about insurance/research trends/that sort of thing? thank you so much!!

does anyone mind sharing how their interview went? is it more person-based, with questions about your history and personal background? should we know about insurance/research trends/that sort of thing? thank you so much!!
I thought the interviews were very laid back & I felt super comfortable there! They were brief - about 10-15 minutes. The questions with faculty are very straightforward and ask you about your experiences shadowing etc. The admissions counselor asks you more college-related questions such as what you're involved in, how those experiences would benefit you at Salus and they'll discuss any concerns on your academic record if any. The whole application process moves very quickly so once you interview they say they have a decision within 7-10 days. The tour with students is a great way to ask program-specific questions as well. I would say the questions are more personal and not so much related to research

I thought the interviews were very laid back & I felt super comfortable there! They were brief - about 10-15 minutes. The questions with faculty are very straightforward and ask you about your experiences shadowing etc. The admissions counselor asks you more college-related questions such as what you're involved in, how those experiences would benefit you at Salus and they'll discuss any concerns on your academic record if any. The whole application process moves very quickly so once you interview they say they have a decision within 7-10 days. The tour with students is a great way to ask program-specific questions as well. I would say the questions are more personal and not so much related to research

thank you so much! it seems like salus makes the students feel comfortable, so that is putting me at ease.

Hi Guys,

I'm currently a student at Salus University! If you guys have any questions about the application process, there is another thread on this website where others go pretty in depth about what the layout looks like. This may be a little more helpful than me, but I'll try!

A basic overview of the application process is that you get your OTCAS application verified and Salus will send you a confirmation when they have received it. If you don't hear back after a couple weeks from the time your application is verified, try calling the admissions office and ask if they have all your materials (this is important!). The earlier you apply, the better chance you have of getting an interview, so apply early as possible. They're rolling admissions and the class is typically filled by New Years so I would not recommend waiting to hear from other schools to then apply to Salus.

Once you get an email saying you've been invited for an interview, try your best to set the appointment date sooner rather than later because they only interview 8 people, once a week. Once at the interview, you get a program overview from the Director of our program, have your individual interview with a faculty member, tour the campus, eat, and the last thing is a meeting with an admission's counselor. The interview as a whole was pretty laid back and I had a great time when I was there!

If any of you have specific questions, feel free to ask me! I'm currently in school and have a bit of work to do, so if I don't get back to you right away I apologize.

How do you like the program? what are some pros and cons of salus? thank u!

I was accepted this morning:) Super excited.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Guys,

I know this is an older post, but I was wondering if anybody else got into the program? and if you guys know if the class is full for this upcoming Fall? I recently got an email for an interview so I'm just a little confused....Does anyone have any advice for the interview? That would so helpful. Thank you

Hi Guys,

I know this is an older post, but I was wondering if anybody else got into the program? and if you guys know if the class is full for this upcoming Fall? I recently got an email for an interview so I'm just a little confused....Does anyone have any advice for the interview? That would so helpful. Thank you
Hi. I will be attending Salus this fall and do not know if the class is full. The interview at Salus is what sold me on the school. Every person I met, faculty and students, were so nice. The faculty did their best to make sure I was relaxed and not nervous. They showed an interest in me as a person, and the current students I met with said the faculty are very open and helpful. For the interview, expect the usual questions; why OT, difference between OT and PT.....I knew before leaving there that I wanted to attend their program. Although the program is still too new to be rated, their first three cohorts had a 100% pass rate on the njbot within the first year of graduating. I was accepted to five programs and chose Salus. Good luck on your interview and let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi all,
Did anyone get an acceptance letter yet for Fall 2018?

I'd like to hear your thoughts about the program!

:)