Sackler 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you should have asked them if they reviewed your application. I know that mine wasn't yet...

Members don't see this ad.

Hm, that'll be the first question I ask on Monday then. Thanks

waitlisted :( found out this past wednesday....

anyone know the chances of getting off this waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke to them yesterday, they said that interviews from the end of March had not been reviewed (includes mine) and told me they will be meeting again this week.

sackler had another committee meeting yesterday,

if u hear back please post your stats with your results from them....

GL

Next meeting is Thursday next week. My name was not reviewed at this weeks meeting...

Hello, I was interviewed at the end of March as well and am eagerly awaiting to hear back.

Does anybody know when school would be starting? When the white coat ceremony is? Most importantly, when it is expected that you should move to TLV?

If anyone can clue me in I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Hello, I was interviewed at the end of March as well and am eagerly awaiting to hear back.

Does anybody know when school would be starting? When the white coat ceremony is? Most importantly, when it is expected that you should move to TLV?

If anyone can clue me in I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Pretty sure orientation would start last week of August (around the 21st) and classes would start first week of September (around the 4th)

Hi guys,

I wanted to let you all know that I just relinquished my position for the incoming class at sackler Med. It was a hard decision but I will be attending medical school elsewhere. I notified them today (as soon as I had made my decision) so that the spot could become available for any of you still waiting to hear back or get off the waitlist. Good Luck! I hope someone who really wants it gets my spot!

Hi guys,

I wanted to let you all know that I just relinquished my position for the incoming class at sackler Med. It was a hard decision but I will be attending medical school elsewhere. I notified them today (as soon as I had made my decision) so that the spot could become available for any of you still waiting to hear back or get off the waitlist. Good Luck! I hope someone who really wants it gets my spot!

would u mind sharing ur stats - gpa, mcat, research.... and when u interviewed and when u got accepted? im waitlisted and wana know sackler's standards......
tks

UC Berkeley 3.65 s and cGPA (Biology Major), 32S MCAT, 3 years of UCSD psychiatry research (600 hrs), 1 year of honors independent research at UC Berkeley-->honors thesis and graduation with honors (800+ hrs), over 1,200 shadowing hours of different physicians. Red cross work, autism outreach program. Tennis player. I interviewed in november and received an acceptance in the first batch (i dont remember the date but you can check earlier in the thread I posted on the day i was accepted).

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know where the committee meetings take place? Is it in the states or in Israel??

Anyone know where the committee meetings take place? Is it in the states or in Israel??

Not sure, I had always assumed the NY office. Why do you ask?

waitlisted :( found out this past wednesday....

anyone know the chances of getting off this waitlist?

When on the Wednesday did you get the email? During the day or at night? I was supposed to have been reviewed last week, and I'm very anxious about the response.

Pretty sure its in N.Y.

Does anyone want to call and ask them when they are going to be meeting again?

rlevitin: I'm curious to know when they'll have answers. Will it be Thursday evening in NY, or Friday morning in Israel.

jf1987: The committee is now in session (if it's in NY).

rlevitin: I'm curious to know when they'll have answers. Will it be Thursday evening in NY, or Friday morning in Israel.

jf1987: The committee is now in session (if it's in NY).

Ah, gotcha. It won't really make a difference though. If a decision's been made you'll have to wait for the WL e-mail next week or the Accept/Regret snail-mail. They won't tell you over the phone (or at least, they wouldn't tell me).

Let's hope we hear good news after yesterday's meeting...

I was just waitlisted via email this morning.

3.1 at UCLA with a 32Q MCAT.

Best of luck to everyone else who has applied!

just got my acceptance letter today. I am so excited to join class of 2016 !!!!!!!!!!

What were your stats etc? when did you apply?

31 mcat, 3.56 gpa ucla. I applied mid april. My interview was around april 20-23, i don't remember the exact date.

Accepted :)

Applied in February, interviewed late April, acceptance letter yesterday in the mail

My interviewed mentioned something about the residency application rules for international students changing in the next few years. Anyone know anything about this?

Also have any former students not been able to get into their residency of choice and felt it was because they came from Sackler? Curious as to you thoughts

I just talked to them and they said they are going to be looking at waitlisted people this week.:scared:

Congrats to those who have been accepted thus far.

Do they only meet on Thursdays, or do you know if they have other meetings more regularly as well?

I still haven't heard anything.

Hi,
Congrats to everyone who for accepted. Could you guys post your stats? Could the people who got waitlisted also post their stats?
Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Accepted :)

Applied in February, interviewed late April, acceptance letter yesterday in the mail

My interviewed mentioned something about the residency application rules for international students changing in the next few years. Anyone know anything about this?

Also have any former students not been able to get into their residency of choice and felt it was because they came from Sackler? Curious as to you thoughts

Congrats on the acceptance! (and to the others who were accepted also)
Reading through the Sackler 2015 thread, they had some good discussion about Sackler and what it is like applying for residency. I'm not too familiar with how to "read" a match list, but the distribution of specialties seems to be pretty good. If you want to check for yourself, the match list for 2011 is available in this thread at the top of page 2.

As for the rules about residency changing, I haven't heard anything about that... what have you heard, and where do you think we can find out more?

P.S. For those who got in, could you include the date of the acceptance letter? We're all spread out throughout the US and Canada, so I'm wondering if they sent a whole bunch on the same day and it just takes different amounts of time to arrive, or if they are sending out staggered acceptances.

Last edited:
3.85 gpa, 31Q...Interviewed in November, and got accepted sometime in March.

Waitlisted 3.49 undergrad gpa. 35P MCAT. One year of graduate school in Biomedical Sciences. Applied late February. Interviewed late March.

submitted app and interview mid April, acceptance letter postmark date may 11th.

does a 26 mcat with a 3.9 gpa have a shot at sackler??? im waitlisted....

i can only guess, but your interviewer may have been referring to the change that I believe will start next year for foreign grads. from what i've heard, foreign grads will no longer be allowed to pre-match. if anyone knows this to be untrue, please correct me.

sorry, this was in response to correctdonkey's earlier question, and I neglected to respond directly to his post.

i can only guess, but your interviewer may have been referring to the change that I believe will start next year for foreign grads. from what i've heard, foreign grads will no longer be allowed to pre-match. if anyone knows this to be untrue, please correct me.

sorry, this was in response to correctdonkey's earlier question, and I neglected to respond directly to his post.

Thanks for posting this.

I did a quick google search about pre-matching and this seems to be a good article summarizing the issue: http://studentdoctor.net/2011/03/residency-prematching-a-thing-of-the-past/

The only thing I'm not sure of is whether/when this would actually be implemented. As far as I can tell it was proposed and they are still evaluating what the impact would be.

That being said, I am curious how many of Sackler grads rely on pre-matching. I was under the impression that Sackler mostly uses the match system and "match day" is just as big a deal at Sackler as at other schools. Can anyone comment on this?

does a 26 mcat with a 3.9 gpa have a shot at sackler??? im waitlisted....

I feel like a 3.9 GPA should have a good shot, but I don't know how much they value MCAT vs GPA. As far as I know, in general there is a pretty decent chance of getting accepted from the waitlist, especially a bit later in the summer (end of June/July).

Did you just get the email today?

Just got the acceptance in the mail today. I will be withdrawing though, as I've already sent a deposit to another school.

I interviewed in late January, got the wait-list notification on April 25th. After being wait-listed, I sent a strong letter of intent, and my current boss also wrote an additional rec. letter on my behalf.

It seems like a great school, I was definitely excited about the possibility of going to Sackler.
Hope my spot goes to someone here!

Last edited:
Accepted!!!Finally Off the wait-list! I interviewed nov and got put on in wl in march. 3.6 GPA 31p MCAT. I'm getting ****ed up tonight!

Snail Mail, All acceptances/rejections are via snail mail.

Accepted!!!Finally Off the wait-list! I interviewed nov and got put on in wl in march. 3.6 GPA 31p MCAT. I'm getting ****ed up tonight!

i know this is probably getting a bit obsessive but, are you on the east or west coast?

I feel like a 3.9 GPA should have a good shot, but I don't know how much they value MCAT vs GPA. As far as I know, in general there is a pretty decent chance of getting accepted from the waitlist, especially a bit later in the summer (end of June/July).

Did you just get the email today?

nope got the waitlist email april 25th

For any current students out there:

1) Where do most students live? I know they take you around apartment hunting in the area but is that all very close to campus? Do people chose to live in the surrounding neighborhoods or cities? What about married couples?

2) Have you found that you needed a car? Do most students live within walking distance, or take buses mostly?

3) Do people try to get furnished apartments ever or just buy cheap furniture, like from Ikea?

4) Are you required to, or have you found it helpful to have a laptop for classes?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

For any current students out there:

1) Where do most students live? I know they take you around apartment hunting in the area but is that all very close to campus? Do people chose to live in the surrounding neighborhoods or cities? What about married couples?

2) Have you found that you needed a car? Do most students live within walking distance, or take buses mostly?

3) Do people try to get furnished apartments ever or just buy cheap furniture, like from Ikea?

4) Are you required to, or have you found it helpful to have a laptop for classes?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

It's probably worth joining the Sackler 2016 Facebook group. A lot of current students have joined and I'm sure they'd be happy to answer any Qs.