Rx Prep for NAPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sosi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that the RxPrep Course Book and RxPrep 2200 Question Quiz Bank are excellent preparation for the NAPLEX exam.

I am a foreign pharmacy graduate and used these sources for review. I highly recommend them.

I passed the NAPLEX on my first attempt.

Best of luck to everyone ...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!!!

Please advice me!! I am a foreign pharmacist who was lucky to get residency after leaving school three years ago.

I took the naplex a few days ago and failed terribly. I did not have as much time to study because of residency. I have one more chance to take the test if not, I get kicked out. I am thinking of quitting to give me time to study over the next few months. I have been working 10 hours a day and trying to study at home.

I used the rxprep but it was somewhat difficult to retain the bulk of the information.

I didn't realize my education was so bad because I passed the fpgee very easily. I am depressed, unhappy and failing on all fronts. Please advice

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to let everyone know that the RxPrep Course Book and RxPrep 2200 Question Quiz Bank are excellent preparation for the NAPLEX exam.

I am a foreign pharmacy graduate and used these sources for review. I highly recommend them.

I passed the NAPLEX on my first attempt.

Best of luck to everyone ...

Great!, i bought it recently too. I was wondering how long did it take for you to prepare? I only bought the review book and not the question quiz...would that be enough?

Hey guys!!!

Please advice me!! I am a foreign pharmacist who was lucky to get residency after leaving school three years ago.

I took the naplex a few days ago and failed terribly. I did not have as much time to study because of residency. I have one more chance to take the test if not, I get kicked out. I am thinking of quitting to give me time to study over the next few months. I have been working 10 hours a day and trying to study at home.

I used the rxprep but it was somewhat difficult to retain the bulk of the information.

I didn't realize my education was so bad because I passed the fpgee very easily. I am depressed, unhappy and failing on all fronts. Please advice

Hi,

RxPrep 2012 edition is ALL you need to pass NAPLEX! Make sure you study the entire book at least twice, then buy the one month access to RxPrep question bank. Make sure you take each test at least twice and score at least 80%. If you score less than 80%, study the chapter again and pay special attention to the bolded drugs and underlined words. Also, get familiar with the top 200 drugs (brand & generic name) - this could be extremely tough for you since you are foreign trained. I would also suggest that you get a pharmacy tech job (even if it means volunteering in a pharmacy), just to get a more visual glimpse of Pharmacy in America. If you feel like burning yourself out before the exam, you may play with the 120 pharmacy math questions too: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/show...highlight=120

My suggestions are based on my foreign background and experience re-taking NAPLEX (before finally passing). Since you didn't study pharmacy in the US, you'll need at least 3 full months of consistent studying to finally defeat NAPLEX. Don't schedule another exam until you are very confident & comfortable with the materials. I hope you'll find my suggestions helpful. GOODLUCK with NAPLEX next time! :xf:

Last edited:
I, too, used only RX Prep as my source to pass NAPLEX. I left pharmacy practice for 17 years (graduated in 1993 and went into teaching) and RX Prep made everything that I needed to know about pharmacy practice in the US and passing the NAPLEX a breeze. If you're a foreign graduate, RX Prep is a MUST-HAVE investment to pass NAPLEX with a comfortable score.

Great!, i bought it recently too. I was wondering how long did it take for you to prepare? I only bought the review book and not the question quiz...would that be enough?

The questions allow you to practice the format in NAPLEX. It trains your mind to have that thought process you need to answer each question in NAPLEX in 1:30 minutes or less!

Buy the questions (legally) because the explanation for all the questions are very essential. They provide other information too!

You won't regret it.

Hey guys!!!

You have to study and RX Prep, IMHO, is the best tool for you to do it. I quit my job actually because I really needed a fresh mind and time to digest the info. I can't imagine working for 10 hours/day and having a fresh mind to study.

Is the residency crucial? You have only 1 more chance?