Rutgers RWJMS -MBS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmcstuffins3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently accepted. Anyone else attending or applied this year? Also please share your experience if you have attended this program.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
^^Congrats!! I was just accepted as well! Currently deciding between this program and the Tufts MBS program so would to hear anyone's thoughts/advice on this program.

^^Congrats!! I was just accepted as well! Currently deciding between this program and the Tufts MBS program so would to hear anyone's thoughts/advice on this program.
Same! I'm leaning towards Tufts but would love to find out more and plan on visiting the school one of these days

Members don't see this ad :)
I should be hearing back from Tulane, Texas Tech, and George Washington soon. I really wanted to apply to Tufts but I doubt I would get in with my GRE score based on the average scores of those admitted. Do you mind me asking what your standardized test score was? Maybe I should just try anyway.

Tufts is boasting some great stats for those admitted into medical school after graduation! I would choose that program if money is not an issue.

I should be hearing back from Tulane, Texas Tech, and George Washington soon. I really wanted to apply to Tufts but I doubt I would get in with my GRE score based on the average scores of those admitted. Do you mind me asking what your standardized test score was? Maybe I should just try anyway.
Nothing to lose by applying! My mcat score is 503 so I definitely have to take it over but it was good enough for now :)

For those who were accepted when did you submit your app?

Has anyone spoken to current/former students of this program?? Would really love to find out more about it before making a final decision..

Has anyone spoken to current/former students of this program?? Would really love to find out more about it before making a final decision..

Just an update: I spoke with someone in admission and they said 80% of students get accepted to a medical school (MD/DO).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just looked at the application portal and it says I've been accepted for the Dental Scholars program!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Does anyone mind sharing their stats?

I am currently waiting for a decision, application was completed last week.

sGPA 3.0 GRE Verb- 152, Quant- 158

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Does anyone mind sharing their stats?

I am currently waiting for a decision, application was completed last week.

sGPA 3.0 GRE Verb- 152, Quant- 158
3.3 cgpa 3.2 sgpa GRE 157- verb 153-quant

Hello! I was accepted to both the Piscataway and Newark (Medical Scholars) campuses for the MBS Program-Any insight into why one may be more advantageous than the other?

Looking forward to meeting those who were also accepted this year! Feel free to reach out if you want to talk. I wonder if there is a Facebook page or something with students who have accepted their offer.

Hi guys. For those of you who have accepted a seat, did you guys send the check/money order to the address below?

GSBS – New Brunsiwck/Piscataway
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
675 Hoes Lane, Room R-102
Piscataway, NJ 08854-5635

Hi guys. For those of you who have accepted a seat, did you guys send the check/money order to the address below?

GSBS – New Brunsiwck/Piscataway
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
675 Hoes Lane, Room R-102
Piscataway, NJ 08854-5635

It depends on the program you accepted! I sent it to a different address since I accepted the Newark campus program.

So I was notified of my acceptance via email however when I log into the application status portal it says no decision still. Has this happened to anyone else?

I accepted a seat because I was still waiting to hear back from other programs, but plan to decline now.

I've been waiting on an admissions decision for about 1 month, going to call on Monday

Is there an accepted class page for the newark campus? Im asking for a family member.

Hey guys, I'm interested in this program and wanted to know what you guys think my chance of getting into this program is. cGPA: 3.40, sGPA: 3.10, MCAT: 496 (I know on practice tests I had such a higher score, but my nerves were going crazy the day of the test).

Im a recent graduate of the program. As someone who is currently applying to medical schools, I can provide some info on whether the program has helped with strengthening my application (and as the cycle goes on, provide more updates). While I have gained a few MD interviews thus far (just submitted DO app, so no DO interviews yet), I have put in a lot of time to improve more than just my academic qualifications. Also, I took the new MCAT and got a score that is equal to or higher than the median of most schools. I know people who performed very well in the program (3.8+ gpa) and did very well on their MCATs (510+) who have yet to receive any interviews. It is very early in the cycle but the point I am trying to make is that if you are aiming at the MD route, this program can only improve your application so much and that even good academic performance doesn't guarantee success. Your MCAT, ECs, essays, and recs matter just as much. Also, while the program will indirectly help you with the MCAT due to content review, the onus will still be on you to study hard and get a good score while simultaneously juggling your academic, extracurricular, and work commitments. I can't stress how important it is to, before entering this program, know that you must perform well. Mediocre academic performance or failing to exceed your undergrad GPA will pretty much doom you. A 3.6+ in the program should be good for DOs but 3.8+ is a must for MD in my opinion.

My opinion of the program is mixed. I felt that the course instructors were generally good and fair with a few exceptions. You will have to work hard to do well. Program directors are friendly and approachable but they become hard to reach as the year goes on. For more details and specifics, you can PM me. DO NOT apply to this program simply because it has AAP. Very few people get into AAP and as the class size continues to increase, they will be interviewing more and more people for the same number of spots. This past year, I believe 20 people interviewed and from what I heard, only 3 were accepted (though someone may have come off the waitlist that I didn't hear of). At this point, they are mostly giving courtesy interviews to most AAP applicants. RWJ does seem to accept a good number of its MBS students and interviews many more (though I feel many of these interviews are courtesy interviews). Anywhere from 5-7 people within the program got in (in addition to AAP acceptances) but most of these students probably had 3.8+ in the program, 3.4+ in undergrad, and 508+ on the MCAT. I know a fair number of people who were accepted to DOs while enrolled in the program, so if your goal is to get into a DO school, and your academic record is the one aspect of your app this lacking, then this program can definitely help you. I cannot say the same for MD yet and I know of only one person who was accepted to an MD school last cycle (besides RWJ) while in the program. As this cycle goes on, I will update this thread on my and my friends' application cycles.

Hi, I was wondering about when the best time for me to apply to the program would be. I have completed all the prereqs and have a 3.46cGPA and around 3.2sGPA. Unfortunately I will be retaking organic 2 this spring for the second time. I haven't made above a C- yet. I have A's and B's in all other prereq courses. My question is, do you think I should wait until after spring semester to apply once I have a better grade in organic or apply in December/January? I have good EC's and 2 years research at my university's medical school. Also, does it look bad to the admissions committee that I am retaking a class for the second time? I would love any feedback oropinions on my chance of being admitted.Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me if they got a decision from Piscataway/RWJMS GSBS program for Spring 2018? I applied on October 1st and I still haven't heard anything.

Just a quick question for people who've applied to this program. Have you completed all of your pre-med requirements? I decided relatively late that I wanted to go the med school route so by the time I graduate I will have completed all my requirements except for orgo. However I feel a post bacc would be a waste of time/money. Instead I was considering this program.

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me if they got a decision from Piscataway/RWJMS GSBS program for Spring 2018? I applied on October 1st and I still haven't heard anything.

@Clydesdale: So I heard back regarding the spring 2018 semester about two weeks ago and will be attending.

Just a quick question for people who've applied to this program. Have you completed all of your pre-med requirements? I decided relatively late that I wanted to go the med school route so by the time I graduate I will have completed all my requirements except for orgo. However I feel a post bacc would be a waste of time/money. Instead I was considering this program.

@Tuffowl: I have actually been out of school almost 5 years but I had completed my premed courses before graduating. Not having orgo might be an issue for you.

what are my chances with a 3.11 cgpa and average MCAT? My ECs are overloaded with shadowing, volunteering, research and traveling abroad for a medical brigade. I took my MCAT this January but didn't do so well due to personal reasons. I'm planning to take it one, maybe two more times just to get a high score. Thanks for your feedback in advance!

what are my chances with a 3.11 cgpa and average MCAT? My ECs are overloaded with shadowing, volunteering, research and traveling abroad for a medical brigade. I took my MCAT this January but didn't do so well due to personal reasons. I'm planning to take it one, maybe two more times just to get a high score. Thanks for your feedback in advance!

When I was there, they displayed the average stats for this years class, and you seem right around there so I'd apply.