rural opportunities for not BC/BE but licenced IM physicians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edwardamytan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any rural opportunities for not BC/BE but licenced IM physicians?

How to search the jobs?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Im sort of in the same boat. I have a year of IM under my belt and have a license in the state that I am practicing. I bought my own malpractice insurance and have had no problem finding home health care jobs/nursing home employment.

best of luck

Just go through a recruiter firm or sign up for locum tenens and get your CV out there. Most rural places will not take a doc who is not board certified. However, there are place as well who are so desperate they will take anyone. Most rural jobs cover ER too so you would need to be comfortable with that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im sort of in the same boat. I have a year of IM under my belt and have a license in the state that I am practicing. I bought my own malpractice insurance and have had no problem finding home health care jobs/nursing home employment.

best of luck
I was offered a position doing Home Health Assessments through StaffCare in Wisconsin. They cover medical malpractice and tail, but I haven't heard of anyone's experience doing these assessments. Do you like your job? What challenges have you encountered in your position? Anything thoughts help, because this job is the only offer I have (I have 21 months of Family Medicine training credited to me). Indian Health service needs 24 months and i haven't heard back from correctional facilities where I qualify for employment.

I was offered a position doing Home Health Assessments through StaffCare in Wisconsin. They cover medical malpractice and tail, but I haven't heard of anyone's experience doing these assessments. Do you like your job? What challenges have you encountered in your position? Anything thoughts help, because this job is the only offer I have (I have 21 months of Family Medicine training credited to me). Indian Health service needs 24 months and i haven't heard back from correctional facilities where I qualify for employment.
Have you tried to go back in finish residency?

Have you tried to go back in finish residency?
I am active sending out applications to all appropriate PGY2 openings and I will try the SOAP next week. I have been away from clinical medicine for 10 months, and I need to work in some clinical capacity. I just want to know the part of home health assessments that I won't get from the company that will contract me. I want to practice family medicine and manage patient care, but these health assessments seem to be preventive medicine visits without any care management. Your thoughts?

I am active sending out applications to all appropriate PGY2 openings and I will try the SOAP next week. I have been away from clinical medicine for 10 months, and I need to work in some clinical capacity. I just want to know the part of home health assessments that I won't get from the company that will contract me. I want to practice family medicine and manage patient care, but these health assessments seem to be preventive medicine visits without any care management. Your thoughts?
Sorry I cannot advise you on home health assessment as I have never done them.